1.0

|fourth of july— sufjan stevens |

Juniper stood by the Farris wheel Friday night, watching as the minutes ticked by on her phone. It was 7:58. She didn't know why she was so nervous, she was just meeting up with Fez. They had hung out and talked before-- neither of those events had went well in the long run but Juniper was choosing to ignore that fact. She wanted to just see how the night went, and hope that nothing was going to go wrong.

I guess I should also mention that some of Juniper's nerves were because she had planned on telling Fezco that she was Cherry. I had finally talked her into it the morning after the Mouse incident. She was late to meeting me at her house, and ended up spilling what had happened the night before.

"Wait--back up," Rue waved her hands as Juniper pulled Fez's shirt off. "Did they see your stripper money?"

Juniper scoff, clasping the back of her bra. "First, I'm not a stripper," She shimmed out of the basketball shorts, leaving her in just her undergarments. "Second, I don't really remember if they saw or not."

"What do you remember?" Rue asked, watching the girl walk over to her closet.

Juniper shifted between hangers. "I remember telling Fez that I would pay him back," She murmured, pulling a white, crocheted crop top from its hanger. "And I think I told him that I had some cash in my backpack."

"and thats not a big deal because?" Rue questioned, pulling the backpack that Juniper had with her when two had met up toward herself.

"Because I never keep that much money on me-- especially not in my backpack," Juniper slipped on the top, pairing it with a tight fit, red midi skirt.

"Juni?"

"Yeah?"

"Which bag is your backpack?" Rue looked up at Juniper, who had her back to her. "Like the one you bring to school?"

"The black on-- with all of the pins on the pockets," Juniper explained, putting lipgloss on.

"Not the small, red one?" Juniper looked at Rue through the mirror before raising an eyebrow.

"No, thats the bag I bring to work," Juniper capped her lipgloss and turned around. "Why?"

Rue sat with a large wad of cash sitting in her hands. Her eyes were slightly widened as she stared at the bills. "Because I think you had a little more than just some money in your bag at Fez's."

Juniper dropped her lipgloss and rushed over to Rue. "No," She smiled in disbelief. "No-- I put my textbooks in..."

"Your club bag," Rue finished her sentence. "And Ash and Fez probably sat there wondering why you had like 3 grand in your bag."

"Its only 1,700," Juniper corrected.

"that doesn't matter," Rue held up the cash. "You think they're going believe you made this kind of cash being a tutor?"