0.4

tw— sa and mentions of a panic attack

| jungle — emma louise |

Juniper felt his breath hit her neck, moving across her skin slowly. She could feel the words he spoke. "Hmm?" he hummed, planting a kiss below her ear. "Are you sorry?"

"Please," Juniper brought her hands up from her sides and tried to shove him away. "I said I was sorry," she whimpered. Nate chuckled under his breath before kissing her neck again.

"Shut up," he muttered, making his way down her neck. Plum bruises started to stain Juniper's fragile skin. Each time she would struggle to inhale, another would appear. He twisted the strings of her top, pulling at them more. "Don't use your words."

Juniper's chest buzzed with something stronger than panic. It caused her ears to ring, and her heart to pound against her ribcage. It was the only thing she could feel anymore. Juniper couldn't process the way it felt to have Nate kissing her collarbone, or the way her fingertips and legs started to numb. The only sensation she felt was the thumbing of her heart. She heard it everywhere, and felt it within every single vein. With every beat of her heart, Juniper was reminded how alive she was-- but she didn't feel it, and she didn't want to. Not in this moment.

Her vision blurred, but not from the tears that innocently spilled from her eyes. Fear struck, and with it came a tunnel vision of only black and smudges of color. Juniper's knees knocked together as her sleeve was pushed off of her shoulder. She sucked in a breath, and felt the way it burnt her lungs.

"Aye yo Nate," A voice called from the doorway. For a moment, he tore away from Juniper. He looked at who ever had called him name.

"What McKay?" He glared, letting his grip on the girl loosen.

Juniper wasted no time shoving him away from her. She sprinted out of the house as sobs escaped her throat. Juniper felt the moonlight absorbing her body as her feet lead her back to the grassy patch she once sat at.

"There you are," Fezco sat up straight when he saw her approaching him. She had stopped running, and now was letting the emotions she refused to feel in the kitchen consume her. Juniper slowly shuffled closer to Fez with her head hung. Her chest was rising and falling rapidly, and Fez noticed how the way she was stumbling was different than before. It wasn't the struggle to walk a straight line caused by alcohol, but more like the girl was drowning in exhaustion. "You okay, Red?"

All that came in reply from her was a soft cry. He watched her shoulders bounce before noticing the way her top was hanging off of her body. Fez rushed to his feet, slowly approaching her. "Juniper?" He questioned gently.

Juniper didn't reply. Her mouth couldn't move, and the words she desperately wanted to say were trapped deep within her throat. Juniper swayed back and forth as tears continued to stream down her cheeks. Her world had fallen silent to everything around her besides the sound of her heart beating. Juniper's body felt paralyzed, and no words would be able to express the way she felt.