1.3

|still don't know my name— labrinth|

When Juniper had told Ash tray that she knew a place, he was not expecting to be sitting at her kitchen table. He thought maybe the two would be going somewhere in town-- but since she had agreed to sit down and A) tell him what had happened the night of the carnival from her point of view, and B) tutor him, Ash was grateful to be anywhere with Juniper.

"Do you want anything?" Juniper asked, draping her jacket over the back of her chair. "Water?" She opened the fridge to see what all they had. Juniper scoffed as she grabbed the only beverage that was in the fridge. "Or rum?"

"I'm fine," Ash replied and watched as the girl poured herself a small glass of rum. "Thanks though," Juniper sat across the table from him and stared for a moment.

"So," She murmured, tapping her nails on the edge of the glass. "I don't really know what exactly you want to hear honestly."

"Just start at the beginning of the night I guess," Ash prompted her. "Like when you guys met at the ferris wheel-- what was the first thing that happened?"

Juniper chewed on the corner of her mouth. "We moved away from the rides, and found somewhere quiet to be because Fez said he needed to tell me something before we did anything else."

"Okay," Ash nodded, leaning against his palm as he listened to her. He noticed her nervous mannerisms, and the way she wouldn't look at him. "What happened next?"

Juniper took a drink of the alcohol, wincing as it slivered down her throat. Her eyebrows furrowed at the burn. "We found somewhere to sit, by the bathrooms. I guess I kinda knew something was wrong."

Ash looked up. "What do you mean?" He asked.

"He wouldn't look at me," She explained, staring down at the honey colored liquid. "Or even t-talk to me at first." Juniper stammered, hating how her voiced wavered against her will. "And that was weird because he said that he needed to tell me something." She brought her hand up to her temples as she remembered the night. "He wouldn't even look at me." She repeated under her breath.

Ash felt his jaw tighten. He bit the inside of his cheek to stop himself from interrupting Juniper while she told him her side of the story. "It took him a while to just come out and say it," She murmured, taking another sip of her rum.

Ash looked up at her again. "Say what?" He questioned, trying to keep his wonders to a minimum. He didn't want to upset Juniper. She hesitated to reply. Instead, Juniper downed the rest of her drink, then stood from her seat. She rounded the chair to the counter to be able to pour herself another glass of rum. "What did he tell you, J?" He asked again. He watched as the girl's shoulders slumped. "Please tell me."

"He said we shouldn't see each other anymore," She set the bottle back down on the counter, the sound of the glass making connection with the stone almost drowned out her words. But Ash heard her.