0.3

| wtf are we talking for— labrinth|

"Okay," Juniper deeply sighed as she turned away from the mirror. Rue sprawled out on Juniper's bed with her chin resting in her hands. "How do I look?"

Rue picked up her eyes from her phone. "You look great," she stood from the bed and lazily stomped over to her. "And you looked great in the other six outfits too."

"I'm sorry," She turned back to the mirror and tucked some hair behind her ear. "I just want to look nice," Juniper sighed.

Rue nodded along with her worries. "If it helps any, this has been my favorite outfit."

That made her laugh. It had been the first time she had smiled since we had begun getting ready for McKay's party.

That was a hard thing about being around Juniper. She never saw what other people saw in her. She was beautiful, smart, and honestly one of the kindest souls I had met. She just never believed that. Juniper always wanted to be someone else. Someone better.

But there was no one else like her-- and that's a cliché, sure but there's some truth in it. Everyone is just the way they are for a reason, and they are unapologetically themselves. Juniper just had trouble finding herself, and until she did, she would search for reassurances from others.

"Thank you Rue," Juniper grinned softly.

She was wearing black, high waisted leather pants with a dark green, long sleeve crop top. It wrapped around her torso, tied in the back and the sleeves were wide and flowed down her arms. Juniper pulled on some simple black sneakers as Rue approached her again. She handed Juniper a makeup pallet, but pulled it away from Juniper's reaching hand. She had a sly smirk on her face.

"No problem, Red," Rue teased, using Juniper's new nickname. She watched a rose hue reach her cheeks as she turned away.

"Don't call me that," Juniper whined softly, embarrassment laced in her tone.

"Oh come on," Rue danced around her, dangling the makeup pallet above Juniper's head. "You're telling me that's not who you want to look sexy for?"

"Hey!" Juniper began to stumble over her words, unable to get one solid argument out. "I- I said I wanted to look nice."

"You passed 'nice' the moment you put on those pants," Rue laughed, "Just admit that you wanna look all pretty for my boy Fez."

"Nope," Juniper stood on her tiptoes to grab the makeup pallet from Rue's fingertips. "Because that's not true."

"Yeah-- sure it isn't," Rue went back to leaning against the bed. "Gia let me borrow that," She laughed slightly as she paused. "And I can't really help you put it on— but just add some glitter. You'll fit right in."

Juniper grinned with a soft smile as she dipped a makeup brush into a black glitter. She gently applied it in her eye crease, and started blending it out with a dark green glitter. "Like this?" She asked, still messing around with the glitter. It had begun to fall down her cheeks. "I don't do glitter very often."