0.7

|revenge — xxxtentacion|

Juniper was never good with lying. She hated the feeling of it, and frankly she really sucked at it. I thought that was bullshit considering just how much lying she had done since she moved to town with her secret Hannah Montana life she'd been living. but after seeing her lie for the first time-- I believed her.

Now it might have just been because she was lying to Fez, but holy shit was that painful to see. Step one of teaching Juniper how to be a better teenager: teach her to lie.

"Rue," Juniper murmured as she sat up on Rue's bed. Her phone was buzzing between her finger tips. Rue rolled over at her name being called and saw the nerves painted on Juniper's face.

"What's up?"

"Fez is calling me."

Rue smiled teasingly as she crawled over to Juniper. "Well-- answer it," she sat on her knees and lightly hit Juniper's legs a few times out of excitement. "Juni, your phone is going to go to voicemail."

"I'm nervous!" Juniper rushed out as the phone continued to ring. "How do I talk-- what do I even say to him?"

"Juniper just fucking talk like you normally do," Rue took the phone out of Juniper's hands and slide her finger across the screen to answer the call. "Now talk to him."

"Rue--" She mumbled as Rue stuck the phone back in her hand, and hit the speaker button. Juniper widened her eyes at Rue, who flopped back down on the bed with a laugh.

"Yo, Red," Fez's voice sounded from her phone speakers. "You there?"

"Hi Fez," She awkwardly mumbled. Rue let out a loud laugh at her attempt of staying calm. Juniper rolled her eyes and pushed Rue off of her bed. She landed harshly and with a mumble of a 'fuck you'. "How are you?"

"I'm good," He chuckled. "Sorry to call you out of the blue and all."

"No," Juniper exclaimed before softening her voice. "Really, I don't mind."

"Okay," Fez mumbled, holding back a smile. "I was callin' to see if you wanted to hang out sometime?"

Rue popped her head up and leaned her arms on the bed while still being on the floor. Juniper glanced over and saw Rue violently shaking her head yes.

"I'd like that," Juniper answered, still staring at Rue, who had yet to get back into the bed. "When were you thinking?"

"Saturday or Sunday maybe?"

Juniper widened her eyes to look over at Rue. "What do I say?" She mouthed.

Rue shrugged. "The truth?"

"Um," Juniper leaned closer to her phone again. "Fez, I actually work on the weekends."

Rue held up a thumbs up with a crooked smile. Juniper felt herself breath calmly, knowing that that would be the end of that spew of conversation. Expect it wasn't.