0.8

|mount everest— lanrinth |

Juniper ran across the parking lot as the rainfall pelted her back. She cursed at herself for not having a bike, or a car that was her own. Juniper wrapped her arms around her waist to to maintain any heat that was left in her body. Her teeth chattered as she sprinted up the stairs that led to Fezco's apartment. Juniper watched as her hands shook from the cold before she brought her hand up to knock.

A moment passed without any response. "Come on, Fez," She muttered to herself and knocked again. "Holy shit," She tilted her head back, reacting to how freezing she was.

She heard the door slowly pull open causing Juniper to bring her eyes back to it. Fez stood with the door partly opened. "Juniper?" He asked, confused.

"Hey," She breathed out, watching as her response twisted into frosty air.

Fez looked around the parking lot frantically before bringing his eyes back down to Juniper. "What're you doin' here?" He questioned, fidgeting with his hands.

Juniper gently brought her head back, eyes quickly filled with her own confusion. She glanced behind her to see what Fez was searching for. "Because you asked me to?" She mumbled slowly, trying to jog his memory of their phone call from the day prior. "...to help you tutor Ash?"

"Look," He paused and licked his lips. "Juniper, you can't be here right now."

She squinted her eyes at him. "What?" Juniper questioned before shifting all of her weight onto her left leg. "Fez, but you said--"

"I know what I said," Fez rushed to say, again letting his eyes drift to the parking lot. "but you gotta go. You can't be here."

"Fez," She mumbled softly, letting her voice drop. She adjusted her backpack a little. "Is everything okay?"

He hung his head. "Go home," Fez pleaded gently. "Please."

Juniper felt premature tears welding up in her eyes, but she was quick to blink them away. "If you don't want to hang out with me anymore, you can just said that," She whispered. She didn't want to make the moment dramatic or turn it into more than what it was, but she felt her heart sink a little at how Fez was trying to send her away. "Its okay."

"Juniper, thats not--"

"I'm not mad," Juniper's voice cracked, forcing her to put her head down in case any tears slipped out. "I'm just confused? You asked me to be here, and here I am. Soaking wet, fucking freezing," she paused as a small laugh escaped her lips. "and my text books are probably ruined from standing out here in the rain, but if you changed your mind about this then I just want you to be honest with me." She ranted in a small voice. Juniper felt the rain falling down her face, covering her hair. "Because I like being around you and maybe I read into this wrong and--"

"Juniper," Fez cut her off and slightly stepped out of the doorway. "j-just stop talkin' and come in,"

Juniper rushed inside, watching as Fez looked outside at the parking lot one last time before shutting the door. He shuffled ahead of her before looking over his shoulder to motion her to follow him. Juniper followed him to his bedroom. She stopped and stood in the doorway.