1.2

|in my room— frank ocean|

Juniper stood outside of the gas station doors, peeking her head around the glass to see if anyone was in there.

She hadn't seen or spoken to Fezco-- not counting their little moment in the back room-- in almost two months. Juniper was scared of running into him, and frankly didn't want to see him. She still had feelings for him, there was no denying that. Juniper couldn't get rid of her feelings for him, and it sucked.

Juniper had also told me that she was planning on pulling some kind of elbrant stunt where her tattoo was showing and she made sure Fez would see it. I shot that idea down quickly-- because we both knew she wouldn't have the balls to do it. Now I wanted to believe that she could walk into his store and pull something like that off-- but I just couldn't. I know how much she wanted to embrace her other life, and be salty about Fez being a dick to her the night of the carnival—so we created a new plan. One that eventually would fall apart.

"J?" A voice called out as soon as Juniper was going to open the gas station doors. "That you?"

Ash was leaning against the building with his arms crossed. Juniper looked at him and felt herself let out a sigh of relief. "Hey, Ash," She murmured, walking over to him.

"I haven't seen you in a while," He kicked off the wall. "Why aren't you coming around any more?"

Ash knew why. He found out the night of the carnival, but he wanted to see if Juniper would rat out his brother. You see, Ash was still not happy with what Fez had done. They were on speaking terms again, because with Ash, family always comes first. Fez was the only family Ash had. He couldn't cut him out of his life for making a stupid decison. And besides, Ash fully believed that Fez was going to come around.

"You don't know?" Juniper asked, real
confusion in her tone.

"Nah," Ash shrugged his shoulders. "Thought you were going to tutor me, or somethin'," he started to walk to the store doors. "At least that's what Fez was talking about."

Juniper followed him into the store, and watched as he shuffled behind the counter. "Um well, that's what I thought too," Juniper murmured.

"So," Ash reached down to below the counter and pulled out a bottle of lemonade. He slid it across the counter. "Why aren't you comin' around?"

Juniper caught the bottle out of instinct before looking down to see what it was. She gasped lightly. Fez still kept lemonade under the counter for her. "I uh," she stammered, still looking at the drink in her hand. "Well, your brother and I aren't really uh, friends anymore," Juniper phrased her words delicately, dancing around the harsh reality of what had actually happened.

"I thought you guys were tight?" Ash leaned against the counter. "That's the way it seemed."

"I guess a lot can happen in one night," Juniper muttered, pulling out a few loose dollar bills from her jean pockets.