Chapter 26 - Jongin's Confidence

"What are you doing here, Mr. Student President?" rese immediately gibed. She didn't like this kai . She thinks he is way too confident. Always acting like everyone likes him.

kai didn't even spare her a glance. He walked towards Jennie with a friendly smile.

"I want to talk to you. In private." kai tried to emphasize the word private. Every girl in the university would blush if they heard him say such words. Every girl except rose and Jennie.

.

"It's fine Mr. Jongin. Roseanne is a friend." Jennie said. She still finds kai's presence a little uncomfortable.

kai couldn't help but clench his jaws. It seems that his charms don't work with the girl in front of him. However, he is confident that he will melt this beauty soon.

"So... I... I would like to apologize for what happened last week. If it's alright, I would like to invite you over to one of the prestigious restaurants here in the city as an apology." He said. He gives her the sincerest voice he could ever muster.

Jennie looked at kai. How come she didn't notice his acting skills in her past life? Was she that dumb before? She felt disappointment in her previous self again. She let out a long sigh.

"Mr. Jongin I'm sorry, but I don't feel any sincerity coming from you." She continues to stare at the man standing in front of her. This guy is up to something sinister. She could feel it. But she is not that concerned about him right now. What she kept on thinking about was the offer he said a while ago.

'One of the most prestigious restaurants in the city'. That only means one thing. FOOD! And when there is FOOD, there will be sweets.

This man thinks that she could easily be fooled by his coy eyes and lopsided grin. Hah. Let's see.

kai on the other hand, didn't know how to answer Jennie. He was so confident that she will directly agree. After all, he is the most good looking and sought after guy in this university.

Now, she is saying that she can't feel any sincerity from him? What sincerity? Of course, she can't feel it. He was just acting after all.

Still, kai felt insulted. Does that mean he is not a good actor?

"Miss kim. I know I have offended you. Please be magnanimous and forgive me this once." He said while giving her a bow. This is humiliating. He tried to swallow his anger. He can't fail now.

"If you are really sincere then why didn't you also invite my friend Roseanne ? You know she was also offended last week, right?" kai looked at her in a daze. How did he offend the girl? He didn't even remember running into her last week.

Sensing his confusion, Jennie added. "Well, when she heard about what happened to me. She was so sad while thinking that you and your minions bullied me. She almost cried."

After hearing Jennie, rose really wanted to cry. Cry from laughter. Jennie is simply too witty. rose knows that this girl just wanted to go to the restaurant and eat some cakes. She also knows that jennie wanted to drag her along to help kai spend more money. Isn't this boy a little too...unfortunate?

"I... I am..." kai stuttered. The offer was supposed to be a date. A DATE! Why would this girl drag her friend into the picture?

"Well... I know that Miss Park is a very busy person and I don't want to disrupt her schedule." kai said as he eyed rose. He hoped that She would notice his glare and will back out to support him instead.

"Actually, I am not that busy Mr. Student President. I would love to come with you and Jennie." She sassed at him. Why would she waste this opportunity to anger him?

"Okay! That's great then. So, I'll see you after class Mr. Jongin." Jennie concluded before walking away with rose, leaving their unfinished cake.

kai can't help but grit his teeth. He felt that he had fallen into Jennie's trap.

He wanted to see how long this girl can put up an act around him. He snorted before walking away. This time he is more determined to win her over. Yu Chen can't wait to torment her once she becomes his woman.

....

Meanwhile, inside the Seoul's shopping mall, a guy who looked like a male model walked into the jewelry store. His entrance gained a lot of gasps from the women inside the store.

"Did you see that? That's Lisa Manoban. The heir to the Manoban Conglomerate. I heard from my father that he will stay at Seoul temporarily."

"Really? He is not only rich, he is also very good looking ah. Quickly! Check my clothes. Do you think I look good enough for him?"

"In your dreams. I heard Young Master Manoban is single. I sure hope it's true."

"I also heard he will take the National Exams in the seoul. Ai... I hope to have the same testing room with him."

"National Exams? I thought he is already in his 20's?"

"No. He is only 19 this year."

"Wow. He looks so mature and reliable for his age. Exactly my type."

When CL heard the young girl's conversation, she can't help but smile to herself. Lisa Manoban. The heir to the Manoban Conglomerate. If her daughter, nancy can be with a man like him, then they won't have to act around Jennie anymore.

She then made her way into the jewelry store with a plan in her mind and a smile on her face.

When CL saw Lisa, she immediately made her way towards him.

"Young Master Manoban!" She announced her presence. "I am CL from the kim family. I wonder if you need any help in choosing jewelry. I am an expert when it comes to jewelry so I thought maybe I could help you." CL said as she extended her hands while giving him an amiable smile.

Lisa looked at the woman in front of him. He can't help but feel irritated by this woman. This is Jennie's stepmother. He never liked her in his past life. He thought that Jennie cherished her stepmother before, but she seems to dislike her in this lifetime.

For him, Jennie is always right.

So why would he waste his time entertaining a woman who is disliked by his girl?