Chapter 46 - Innocent

CL's shrill voice can be heard through the hallway.

She is shouting and arguing with one of the hotel's attendants.

"I am her mother! Let me in! You- NO- Don't touch me with your filthy hands!"

"Mrs. Kim I'm sorry but we really can't let you in. We are just following the instruction-"

"What instructions? Huh? Call your manager! You- Hey You! I want to see Jennie! You know what?! I will call your manager myself and have all of your pitiful ass fired!"

"Mrs. Kim please calm down. We are just doing our job!"

"My daughter is a DISTINGUISH guest celebrating her birthday in this hotel. Do you hear that? She is IMPORTANT! SO! LET! ME! IN!"

This time a lot of people from the hotel is watching the scene.. Some of them even recognize CL and started taking videos.

When CL saw Jennie coming with some of the guests behind her, her angry curses immediately stopped as her tears started to pour.

"Jennie, how-how could you do this to your sister? »CL sobbed."Why do you hate her so much? You even have her arrested? Do you still have a heart?"

"Oh my Nancy, the heavens must have cursed you for having a sister like this." she continued.

CL was so absorbed by her own actions that she failed to see the mockery in the eyes of the people who came with Jennie.

After what happened earlier, who would still believe her?

Sensing that no one tried to scold Jennie, CL lifts her face and roamed her eyes to the people surrounding her.

When her eyes landed on lisa, she almost wanted to shout in victory. She immediately runs towards him and shamelessly tugs his suit.

"Young Master manoban, you must help my daughter, nancy. She didn't do anything wrong... Young Master please help-"

"TAKE YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF HIM!" CL was startled when someone pushed her away from Lisa. To her surprise, it was Jennie.

Jennie did not know why she lost her cool and reacted that way. She didn't understand why seeing CL cling to Lisa made her so angry.

For some reason, she felt fear. Fear that he might be convinced by this hateful woman in front of them. She looked at lisa who was already staring at her. Jennie expected to see the disgust in his eyes but all she saw was his gentle gaze.

"You- How dare you to hurt me, your mother?" CL is smiling inwardly. Finally, Jennie showed her true stupid self.

"SHUT YOUR TRAP!" Jennie bellowed without tearing her eyes from lisa. She didn't know why she wanted to know what he thinks of her now. To her surprise, he gave her a small sincere smile. As if he is giving her permission to handle all this, the way she wanted to.

CL's face froze when she saw the way Lisa and Jennie looked at each other. Are they...

"Young Master manoban, look at how this girl treats an elderly like me. I might not be her real mother, but I loved her like I loved my daughter. Young Master manoban please give justice for me and my daughter." CL begged. She does not believe that there is something going on between them.

Jennie had such a bad reputation. Nothing is good about her except for her face and background.

CL's words seem not to affect Jennie as she keeps staring at Lisa.

Contemplating.

Trying to understand what he truly feels. Seeing that his gentle gaze did not disappear, Jennie look away and fix her eyes at CL.

"Are you done?" She asked, her eyes full of ridicule.

Seeing the ridicule in Jennie's eyes, CL became enraged."You-you are truly evil! Let the police release your sister right now. Everyone here knows that you are the bad egg of the Kim Family. Do not drag your sister down with you. She is innocent!"

"Innocent? Do you even know what that means?" Jennie mocked as she narrowed her eyes at her.

"Your daughter wanted to destroy my reputation. She spread rumors against me. Accused me of being a thief in front of my guest. And plotted to steal from me with her little boyfriend!"

"And you call her innocent?"

"Stupidity really runs in your family!"

A lot of gasps can be heard after Jennie finished her statement. Her words made everyone dumbfounded. Even her grandfather and uncle were speechless. They heard about those nasty rumors from Wang Mino, but he also warned them not to intervene or do anything to stop it.

They did not expect that those were made by her own sister.

nancy and Jennie's confrontation earlier came to a standstill because of crystal. So, this is the first time that everyone heard of what truly happened between the two.

"LIES!" CL fumed in anger. How could Jennie know all this?

"What? Do you think I don't have proof? I am not as dumb as you and your daughter CL." Jennie sneered then she open her phone and showed the video of Jennie and Kai's secret conversation.

When CL saw the video, her face immediately paled. "Stop that. NO. That is not true! St-STOP IT! » CL panic as she lunges at Jennie.

Jennie did not expect CL to immediately attack her. Even though she knows a little way to protect herself, she also knows that her reflexes are not fast enough to avoid her attack. She raised her arms. An instinct. Trying to protect herself from CL.

She closed her eyes and waited for the pain.

That never came.

She slowly opens her eyes and got surprised to see two strong arms around her.

Jennie widened her eyes when she realized what happened.

She is... she is currently nestled in Lisa's comfortable arms.

Safe and away from any harm.