Chapter 50 - Old Married Couple

An uneasy tension settled over Li Qiang and nancy as they stared into each other.

Li Qiang's face is placid, devoid of any reactions. While nancy's face is full of questions.

CL shifted uncomfortably. She already told her daughter about Li Qiang and to her surprise, she did not react harshly. To be specific she did not have any reactions at all.

Maybe it is the fact that nancy grew up without Wonbin by her side. Or maybe because she never really sees him as a father. CL doesn't really know.

Nancy is just calmly looking at Li Qiang. She examined the man from head to toe..

Li Qiang is a very handsome man for his age. His black flecked hair was close-cropped. His face looks smooth as if he just shaved it. Although he looked calm and collected, nancy can still see the fierceness in his eyes.

Her mother told her that this Li Qiang has some shady connections. Because of this, she was expecting a pale tattooed guy with a long hair. But no, Li Qiang seemed to look the exact opposite of her expectations. He look like a Politician in a suit or someone from the military. Someone with authority.

"So you're my true father?" She asked, her voice soft and gentle. Her mother told her that her father is an influential man. She needs to have her father's favor. She could use him as a backer.

She never wondered why CL didn't marry this guy in spite of his good looks. nancy knows how much she loved wonbin.

"Hmmm... According to your mother."He affirmed, his face did not have any changes. This meeting with CL and nancy is not in his plans, but the current situation is calling for it.

Although he hated this mother and daughter pair, he hated Jennie more. He could not allow her to be happy.

This is his payback. A long overdue payback for what her father did.

nancy just nodded then she took another sip from the iced tea in front of her. They are currently in a private restaurant that is said to be owned by her father.

"So-"

"Your birthday is two months from now?" CL's attempt at making a conversation was interrupted by Li Qiang.

"Yes." nancy nodded.

"Good. Then I want you to perform well on the farewell presentation of your school- hmmm... that's a day after your party."

nancy furrowed her brow when she heard her father's statement. Perform well? She couldn't even leave the house from embarrassment. How is she going to perform in front of everyone?

Seeing nancy's expression, Li Qiang's face still didn't show any reactions at all.

"I want you to impress Lisa" Li Qiang commanded while ignoring the questions in nancy's eyes. "Take him away from Jennie."

"But-"

"I did not allow you to speak." He growled. He hated CL and this nancy but he does not have a choice. He needed them.

Although he is very irritated right now, the thought of killing this stupid pair after this is done, somehow making him calm.

"I already called a talent agency. They will watch the presentation and will ask you to sign with them after the event." He said. His tone still low and dangerous. "Do not mess this up." He added before getting up and sauntering his way out of the room.

Seeing the door close, CL let out a long sigh of relief.

Finally, Li Qiang left.

"Is he really my father?" nancy asked.