Chapter 49 - The Hunter And The Prey

The room was in thick silence.

Everyone was looking at Jennie. Their eyes full of questions, inquiring, asking. Wanting to know how she felt.

What they just heard is not just some evidence. It was nothing like they expected.

"Huh. It had been one hell of a rough day boys." Jennie blankly blurted out before she went outside the room without sparing anyone another glance.

Lisa immediately followed her. .

Jennie didn't know what to say. She was still shocked or maybe more like wondering.

She wondered how come she didn't notice this before. nancy does not look like Wonbin nor CL.

She wondered if that Li Qiang also helped destroy her life before. In the near future, Li Qiang will become a part of nancy's life. Is nancy aware of his existence in her past life? How about lisa? What it his connection to the man named Li Qiang?

She didn't notice when she arrived in her room. All she knows is that she is already standing at the window. Staring at the light that can be seen outside the mansion.

"She is not my sister," She thought out loud. "And wonbin is involved in my mother's death."

Her blank look changed into a serious one. Her brows furrowed as fury can be seen slowly rising in her eyes.

Her father just asked someone to kill her mother and maybe including her. What kind of monster is he? Is it not enough that he cheated on her mother?

She clenched her fist. This is the first time that she felt so much hatred against her father.

After her rebirth, she always thought that she could live her life happily. Away from everyone who hurt her. She didn't hate anyone as much as she hated them now.

She always thought what happened in her past life was the product of her own doing. Now it seems that she is wrong...

"I don't know Li Qiang." She heard lisa murmured behind her. "I haven't heard of his name before I asked Bei Ye to investigate all this."

"I will never betray you nor lie to you." He added.

Jennie let out a long sigh as her face relax. "I know."

What she needed is to know the whole truth.

"He is planning something against us. We should be ready." She said before she turned towards her laptop.

"I will not file a case against nancy nor CL. Prison is just too easy for them." She declared before typing a series of letters.

"I will stand with you. I am always here whenever you need me. »lisa assured her. He is even ready to accompany her in hell.

That is how important Jennie is in his life.

Without her then there will be no point in living.

"Hmm..." For some reason, she always felt that she can trust lisa. She thought about his motives before, but she quickly realized that he wouldn't get anything from doing all this.

What she forgot to think is the fact that by doing this, lisa will get her to open her heart for him.

A 'ding' echoed inside the room.

"VIDEO SUCCESSFULLY POSTED ONLINE"

...

On the next day, Jennie called the authorities and asked to let crystal, nancy, and kai go. She then went into her office with lisa in tow.