2. Chapter

A few minutes later, Natasha is back with my suitcase and places it on the desk.
„We can go out and come back in an hour if you want to unpack alone." Wanda proposes.
„You can stay if you want. I don't have many things anyways." I open my suitcase. It isn't even half full.
The others are observing me. „Don't look at me like that. I just grew up in an orphanage with no money. When I became 18, they wanted to kick me out. I didn't have money or anywhere to go. So I convinced them to keep me and I worked there until now."
I start putting my clothes in the closet.
„We all have a past. Many people here grew up poor or locked up. Nobody is judging you." Natasha says.

I nod, then I put my book on the bedside table. The only thing left in my suitcase is my box with blades, bandages, tape and some other things. I grab it and carefully carry it to the bathroom. I don't want to move it too much, in case the blades make a sound.
„What was in there?" Loki asks me curiously, when I come out of the bathroom.
„Oh, uhm. Nothing important."
I feel that Natasha is scanning my face. I try to keep it as normal as possible. Don't do something stupid or they'll find out.

After a few moments of silence, I clear my throat. „The party is in one and a half hours. We should get ready."
„I'm gonna take a shower. Let's meet in my room in half an hour." Wanda says and they all go out of my room.
I go into the bathroom and take off my clothes. Then I take off the bandages from my wrist and step under the shower. The cuts from the morning sting a little, especially when the shampoo washes over them.

After the shower I put on some sweatpants and a long-sleeved shirt.
Then I walk out of my room. Which one is Wanda's room?

I just walk to the room opposite of mine and knock at the door.
A few second later Natasha opens the door. She is standing there just in a towel and with wet hair.
I feel myself blushing. „Oh, sorry. Uhm...Can you tell me where Wanda's room is."
Natasha smirks. „Wanda's room is the one next to mine. Tell her I'll be there in five minutes."

I nod and run away to Wanda's room. I knock again and she opens the door. She's already wearing a dress and pulls me inside.
Loki is sitting on Wanda's bed.
„Natasha said she'll be here in five minutes." I say.
„Great. What do you think of my dress?" Wanda asks me.
„It looks great."
Loki nods. „Yeah, it does."
„What are you going to wear, Loki?" I ask.
„Well, I thought about this dress.-" They lift up a sage green dress, that was lying on the bed. „-But I don't know.." They look at me.
„I bet it looks great on you. Try it on."
Loki smiles and goes to the bathroom.

They come out of the bathroom at the same time, Natasha opens the bedroom door.
„Here you are! Loki is just trying on a dress." Wanda says.
Natasha looks at Loki. „You look absolutely fabulous!"
„It's not weird that I'm wearing a dress?" Loki looks down.
„No, it's perfect." Natasha, Wanda and me say at the same time.
Loki hugs us. „Thanks."

Nat is wearing short black dress.
She looks absolutely stunning.

You look great in that dress, Nat." Wanda says. Then she turns to me. „What do you want to wear?"
She goes to her wardrobe and pulls out a few dresses. „You can wear something of mine if you want."
The dresses are beautiful. Shit. None of them has long sleeves.

„Why do you want long sleeves?" Loki and Wanda say at the same time.
I look at them shocked. How did they?
„We can read minds. Anyways, why do you want to wear long sleeves?" Wanda asks.
„Oh, I just don't really like my arms. I found out I look better in long-sleeved clothes."
They all look at me unconvinced, but Nat says: „I have some suits I could lend you."
I nod and Nat leads me to her room.

She shows me a light blue suit. „I think this one would look great."
I smile shyly. „Yeah, thanks."
She gives me the suit and I go to her bathroom to change. There aren't many things in there, only a few shampoo bottles and a hairbrush. The rest is probably in the cupboard.
When I have put on the suit, I look at myself in the mirror. The suit fits pretty good. It doesn't look too bad.

I step out of the bathroom and Nat slowly looks me up and down. „You look beautiful."
I feel myself blushing. Natasha Romanoff just told me I look beautiful.

Nat sits down on her bed and looks me in the eyes. „Do you now want to tell me the real reason, why you only want to wear long-sleeved clothes?"

Shit. „I- I don't know what you're talking about." I lower my gaze.
„If you want to stick with that, okay. I just want you to know that you can always talk to me."

I look up again and Natasha is staring in my eyes.
„I'm okay, but thanks." I quickly say and rush out of the room.

Shit, shit, shit. I hope she doesn't know. Nobody can know.

I go back to Wanda's room.
„That suit is perfect for you." Loki says and Wanda nods her head in approval.
Nat comes in the room. She's holding a little bag. „Does anyone want some makeup?"

After we all have put some makeup on, it is already five past eight.
„Is everyone ready?" Wanda asks.
We all nod and make our way to the elevator.