7. Chapter

Natasha tries to teach me how to play chess the whole afternoon.
After hours, my head hurts and I'm more confused than in the beginning. The fact that Natasha is making me nervous doesn't make things easier. „Natasha, I'm too stupid for this."

„You're not that bad." Natasha says.
I raise an eyebrow.
„Okay, you're miserable."

I look at her surprised.
„But chess is complicated. It takes time and practice." She quickly says.
„Well, this was enough for today. Let's do something else." I pack the chess set away.

Natasha opens the door and looks outside. „It's still raining heavily. I don't think we'll be able to go back today."
I quickly run to her side. Big raindrops hammer against the treehouse. „Close the door, I don't want to get wet." I shout against the noise.

Nat slams the door shut and the sound of the rain is not loud anymore, but still there. How didn't I notice this before?

„Should we maybe tell the others that we are okay?" I ask Natasha
„Yeah, but you don't even have to try it with your phone. There is no network connection here. Tony gave me this button after I was gone for a week. He told me that I should put it wherever I was for that week. They don't know about this treehouse. I press it every time when I stay the night. It means, that I'm okay. Wanda knows that you're with me, so they'll know we're both okay."
„Smart.", is the only thing I say.

But wait... „Did you just say that they don't know about this treehouse?"
Natasha blushes. „Uhm, yeah... I didn't feel comfortable sharing this place with anyone. Nobody knows... except for you now."

„Why did you show it to me?"
„I don't know... I just feel like I can trust you and... I like you very much." She smiles at me.
She just means as a friend, right?

„I like you very much too, Natasha." More than in just a friend way... No, wait. Stop. She's only a friend. Only a friend.

We say nothing for a couple minutes, both in our thoughts.
When Natasha finally clears her throat, she asks. „Uhm, how about we eat something and then get the hut ready, so we can both sleep in here? It's time for dinner, anyway."

I nod and we boil water to cook pasta. There isn't much else in here.
After dinner, I actually feel proud of myself for eating two whole meals today.

We can pull out the couch, so it becomes a queen-sized bed. Natasha also gets multiple cushions and soft blankets from under the floor again.
I let myself fall on the bed. „I'm so tired." I let out a yawn.

A cushion hits me in the face. „Heyy!" I exclaim.
Natasha chuckles.

„I can read something to you, if you want."
„Really?! Are you serious?" I sit up. „That's the best thing anyone can offer me!" I shout excitedly.

„Of course I'm serious. I love reading."
I want to marry this woman.

I let out an excited scream.
„Sorry. I just love reading too." I say embarrassed.

„What book should I read to you, darling?"
The darling put me off stride. „What?"

„I asked what book you want me to read to you?" Nat is unable to hide her smirk.
I'm still thinking about the darling. „Oh, uhm... I don't mind. You choose."

I crawl under the blankets and sit up, leaning against the cushions.
Natasha places herself in between my legs, leans against my chest and starts to read.

I listen to her voice and play with her soft hair. It smells lightly like flowers. Before I can think about it, I place a little kiss on the top of her head. Nat's voice trembles a little, but she quickly gets it back under control. I keep twirling a strand of her hair around my finger.

After some time, I get really tired again and can't stop myself from yawning. „I think we should get ready for bed."
Natasha wriggles out of my arms. „I have two sets of pajamas here. You can choose one." She holds up one set with short pants and a normal T-shirt and another one with long pants and a long sleeved shirt.
I point to the one with the long-sleeved shirt and Natasha hands it to me. I wouldn't have a problem with changing in front of her, but I don't want her to see the scars on my arms. So I just sit there, trying to find an excuse.

Nat seems to notice my distress „It's okay. We can just turn away from each other and change." And without another word Nat turns around. I turn away too and change out of my clothes and in Natasha's pajamas quickly.

I feel Nat's weight behind me on the bed and a second later her arms are wrapped around me. She leans against me with her whole weight and I fall down on the bed, Nat on top of me. I get squashed under her body.
„Natasha, what the hell are you doing?"
„You're quite comfortable actually." I feel her breath on my cheek.

I'm suddenly very nervous and my breathing becomes heavy.
Natasha also doesn't say anything anymore.

After a few seconds, which feel like hours, Natasha manages to turn me around, so I'm now facing her. She's still on top of me. She holds me down with her hands on mine.
Suddenly she comes closer. Her lips are only inches away from mine and she looks me deep in the eyes.
I'm not thinking anything anymore. I just see her lips and her eyes. The rest of the world doesn't matter. Only she does.

She comes closer and closer and then...
„Romanoff, is Y/n with you?"

Tony's voice appears in the hut. Natasha immediately jumps off the bed and I sit up straight.
We're both really confused.

„What's going on?" Natasha asks with flushed cheeks.
I look around, trying to find the source of Tony's voice, because he is definitely not in here. „I have no idea."

We both gasp at the same time. „The button."
Natasha rushes to the cupboard and pulls out the button, Tony gave her ages ago. It is now blinking wildly.

Natasha looks at me, like she's asking me what to do.
„I don't know. Say something." I whisper.
„Tony?" Natasha says loudly.

„Natasha?... Finally." It sounds out of the holes under the button.
„You never told me, we could talk through this." Natasha says accusingly.
„Well, I guess I forgot. Anyways, we just wanted to make sure that Y/n is with you and that you're both okay." Tony says through the button.
„Yeah, we're both good. We're soon going to bed." Natasha yawns.
„Okay, good. Have fun, girls."
„Bye!" Nat and I shout and she puts the button back in the cupboard.

Natasha dims the light and we both get under the blanket. I'm closer to the wall and turn to face Natasha. She's already looking at me.
„Do you finally want to tell me why you always wear long sleeves?" Nat asks slowly.

I sigh. At first I think about lying but then decide that I can trust Natasha.
„I think you already know why." I whisper.
„Do you want to talk about it?" Natasha examines me closely.
„Not today, please. I'm too tired for that."
Natasha takes my hand. „Of course. I understand. I just want you to know that you can trust me and you can always come to me. When you have the urge to do it again, please come to me. Maybe I can distract you or something."
„I will. Thank you, Nat." I smile, trying not to cry.

„Come here, love." Natasha opens her arms.
I snuggle into her and put my arms around her. Natasha pulls me closer and we intertwine our legs
„Good night, Natasha."
„Good night, Y/n."

Is she really just a friend?