Chapter 3

Kongpob wanted to cry, seeing more and more bodies being found. He was in tears, trembling, and unable to get out of bed seeing the past killing spree. But this...this was outrageous and way out of hand. Even for a brutal killer.

Who even had time for this? Maybe Arthit is a different person; there's no way one person can do all of this in such a short amount of time. And not get caught.

Who was Arthit? To be in so many places, to have a respectable position, to be so charming, and to be digging graves of all those who dare to do wrong? Was he human?

Kongpob groaned as he rubbed his temple and walked over to the kitchen counter. He grabbed the small bottle of Advil and popped two in his mouth. He gulped it down with some warm water, trying to ease his headache.

He went back to the couch, sitting up straight. He took the phone lying on the other side of the couch and began searching for the cases. Details of each of them.

And he was up until the ungodly hours of the night, still reading articles after articles. Wrapped in a blanket in bed, the blanket covering Kongpob's whole small form. The only thing visible and heard being the blue light emitting from his phone screen and the shallow breaths he was taking.

Kongpob was on edge for the next few weeks. Always looking over his shoulder twice, keeping distance from all people and giving no reasonable explanations. And he knew was hurting people and creating damage.

But he couldn't help it. There was no one to go to for advice or comfort. He went to classes, his work, and occasional hangouts with his friends when he was literally dragged.

But he would leave before it got too dark, afraid of what he might see. And people stopped questioning or trying to convince him to stay. And it kind of hurt how easy it was for people to let go, but he couldn't blame them.

And maybe he was also a little relieved that he was stopped being interrogated and could just come home and be safe.

But nothing happened, it was like it was all in his head. And it made Kongpob question everything. The past months...was it all a bad dream?

But it wasn't; he could still feel the burn on his lips and head. The smell of expensive cologne wafted through the air. And he can't forget the tingles of pleasure that spread through his bones in the man's presence. And in the man's embrace, no matter how rough and unloving it was.

And Kongpob was learning more about himself too. How much he loved being vulnerable in front of that man. He liked submitting...and he never knew before. And he may be a little excited to learn more.

But nothing happened, and Kongpob won't lie. He was a little disheartened. But this meant that he could go on and live his life. Maybe Arthit forgot about him and things will continue like nothing ever happened.

Kongpob recited that every day. Like he always did until Arthit randomly showed up, scaring him and making him lose his wits.

But this time was different. It had been a long time, a very long time. With no notes, visits, or hidden innuendos. Kongpob was left alone completely.

And Kongpob finally can admit that he might be very curious about what happened. Not worried, just a little curious. Whether Arthit was still here or whether he was okay or whether he was just over playing with Kongpob.

But whatever it may be, he wished Arthit was doing well... even though he shouldn't be.

Months passed by and the holidays were approaching and Kongpob was becoming busy once again. With the final exams for his semester and going out with his friends, and buying gifts for nana and the few friends he had.