Chapter 10

He kept watching, watching Kongpob, his interactions with people. How easily people fell for him. How his smile captured the eyes and hearts of everyone around. And Arthit. No, not only Arthit but everyone could easily see how Kongpob lit up the room. With such ease.

He remembered that smile, which was directed at him. Which he so harshly destroyed, and even with that, he continued smiling until the last straw.

Arthit followed Kongpob around, keeping a safe distance. Wanting to see his new life, having second thoughts...would Kongpob be better off without him?

Arthit couldn't bear that thought. Kongpob was his and will be his forever, no matter who thinks they could interfere. Even if Kongpob wants out, there isn't an escape. Arthit gets what he wants. Always.

Arthit sat in his vehicle behind Kongpob and the boy. Who was nonstop chatting about...things. Arthit didn't hear, nor did he care enough to listen. He just wanted to stare at Kongpob's face. So tired but glowing.

Arthit rolled his eyes, gritting his teeth. Holding back from grabbing the boy and stuffing him in his trunk. Feeling the urge to start the engine and run him over, IF he decided to throw his arm around Kongpob or caress his belly one more time.

Arthit followed Kongpob with his eyes until they reached a small cabin. With multiple lit-up windows on each side. A huge wooden door with flowers adorning it.

His breath hitched as Kongpob made eye contact with him, even for a millisecond. His eyes flickering to Arthit, before looking away and scanning the area.

Arthit let out a breath he was holding. Kongpob couldn't see him. He brought a car Kongpob never saw and the tinted windows prevented any leering eyes.

Arthit closed his eyes, gripping the steering wheel and pinching the bridge of his nose. He stared back at Kongpob who was in the boy's arms, almost getting the life squeezed out of him.

Arthit pressed on the accelerator, creating a loud sound of the engine. Catching the attention of every passerby, the boys included.

He ignored the stink eye toward him and turned the engine off, watching Kongpob's every move. He saw Kongpob get in, bidding the boy goodbye before shutting the door.

So this was Kongpob's new place. Arthit scanned over the cabin. It was nice...seemed expensive. And cozy. He looked at the shut door, scanning the windows along. Hope to see a shadow or another glimmer of the face.

He drove around Kongpob's place, scanning the area. It was serene and...beautiful. Just like a place, Kongpob would belong in. The soft crashing of the sea, the slight evening breeze blowing against his face, and the glowing red-orange sky soothing every restless nerve.

He parked nearby Kongpob's house at a safe distance. Windows all the way up, just in case. Arthit didn't get a wink of sleep, kept staring at the closed door. Looking at any passersby, hand on the door handle. Ready to tackle if need be.

And a part of Arthit knew he was being ridiculous, but he didn't care. All of this was ridiculous. Feeling was ridiculous.

He kept blinking, trying to shake the sleepiness off. Ignoring how his stomach grumbled loudly, the aches and pains in his body from sitting for so long, and the headache that was strongly coming on.

He laid his head down on the wheel, his cheek plastered against the polished steering wheel. Staring out the window at Kongpob's cabin. Watching and waiting for anything.

Arthit stretched to the best of his abilities in the tight space, yawning and rubbing his eyes. He looked at the mirrors. Scoffing at the huge bags under his bloodshot eyes, pale face, chapped lips, and a red nose from sniffling.