Chapter 12

Arthit was loved. By his coworkers and anyone, he came across. That didn't involve him. And he knew that now as he watched Arthit's interaction with his friends. And all the screaming and yelling and throwing this. Worse than the daycare job he had once.

And for the first time, Kongpob felt like he had everything. Arthit. Arthit was his everything but now he had an entire family too. All of Arthit's friends, sitting around the table. Showering Kongpob with all the gifts and Kongpob had missed all his life. Making up in one night.

He wondered about Arthit's brother. And what happened to him, to them. He would love to meet him. A little worried if he'd be accepted. But looking at Arthit, he knew he didn't have to worry about that. Or anything as a matter of fact.

Kongpob tapped his foot under the table, worried when Bright would get too close, intentionally pissing Arthit off and he was scared. And Arthit could see that and he could see Kongpob stressing himself. And he remembered the doctor's words like it was yesterday.

So he stopped himself from throwing more bread and ate it, chewing gruffly while Kongpob muffled his laughs. Watching all his friends sigh and roll their eyes. Eyeing him and telling him this was normal.

All of Arthit's friends had high-profile jobs and so did their significant others. Knott and Prin who worked at the company along with Arthit. Marilyn was an accountant along with Bright working with Arthit. Ryan and Toota also working at the company. With Prem being the most eligible bachelor and being a photographer after ditching his job at the company.

Kongpob loved them all. It was genuine and heartwarming and seeing Arthit with them kept his heart thudding. He never saw Arthit with anyone other than himself and Marie who came over every now and then with every dish she could make.

To the point where Kongpob told her to just bring a mini truck for the food. Kongpob was grateful but Marie was breaking her back doing everything for Kongpob and she had done enough. But not according to her.

She said she was just trying to get on their good side and become Oon's Godmother. And they both agreed while Bright decided to be the Godfather. The irony.

"Eat some more," Arthit put some more pulled pork on Kongpob's plate, ignoring the whines and protests. Whining more when all of their friends decided it was funny seeing Kongpob stuffed.

"Wow you really have every flavor," Marilyn's eyes sparkled as Arthit washed the dishes along with Toota who had a temper tantrum before Arthit let him help.

"Yup, he has one bite of everything," Arthit chuckled as he looked over and found the rest fussing over Kongpob and showing him all the baby clothes and toys they got for their nephew, Oon.

"Who wants ice cream?" Marilyn got the buckets out and an ice scooper. All of them flocking around her in seconds.

"Do you all have diabetes or at the mental age of five?" Marilyn rolled her eyes as they all bickered about the flavor. She scooped a spoon of every flavor and gave it in a big bowl to Kongpob. "Have space for more?"

Kongpob grinned widely, taking the bowl and nodding. He immediately walked over to Arthit and gave him the first spoonful, unaware of all the gagging in the background. Arthit stared at him, his eyes burning Kongpob.

Arthit lowered his head, staring at Kongpob, and took a spoonful. Licking his plump pink lips while Kongpob blushed mauve and ran away. Sitting on the couch and hiding with Twinkle on his lap.

They talked for hours until Kongpob began getting restless, his back killing him. Arthit saw the discomfort and gave him pillows to sit back comfortably while the others watched, looking at him worriedly.