Chapter 1: Revelations

A/N: Just wanted to say that Marinette and Adrian and everyone's in Junior year of Highschool for this story :)

And Marinette doesn't completely stutter around Adrien. 

The feeling of the warmth of sun on her skin battled the soft cool breeze running off from the seine. Needing a pick me up, Marinette was making her way over to one of her favorite fabric shops in all of Pairs. To get away from the relentless teasing from Chloe and Sabrina during school. 

They couldn't keep their hands to themselves. Chloe and her 'sticky fingers' managing to grab Marinette's sketchbook, leaving no stone unturned in the ways of making fun of the designs. 

Yet, that horrible experience led to Adrien saving the day. Heat ran across her face as she thought about the way he stood up for her, getting the sketchbook back from Chloe. And then her face turned red for a different reason, thinking about how she managed to say, "You're thanked" instead of 'thank you' after he had handed it back. 

Wrapping her jacket closer to her body, she shook her head, thinking about how ridiculous she must've sounded. Utterly ridiculous.

Making her way across the bridge, she decided to stop for a moment to watch the water. Leaning her elbows on the railings, she sighed. The flow of the water was fascinating to her. The way light reflected off it. It was wild yet so peaceful. 

Looking at the water, she brought her bag to the front of her body. Opening it up, she grabbed her sketchbook, suddenly inspired to design a flowy dress from the free flow of the water.

Before she could even open it, a mechanical arm grabbed her sketchbook right from her hands. "Hey!" she shouted.

When she turned around, there right behind her was a girl, 10ft in the air. Her eyes had no whites to them, and there were 6 metal arms sticking out from her backpack which were fastened around her body.

"Once I give this back to Chloe, she'll finally respect me!" the girl yelled. Oh no, an akuma. Is that Sabrina? Marinette thought to herself.

"Better yet, I'll bring both of you!" the akumatized Sabrina shouted.

Without warning one of the mechanical arms snaked its way around Marinette. "Let go!" she shouted, but she was unable to move from Sabrina's hold. "Is it worth being friends with Chloe if this is what it takes to impress her?" Marinette yelled, trying to get in Sabrina's head.

"You don't know what you're talking about!" Sabrina shouted, her face etched into a scowl. She brought Marinette closer to her. Her mouth opened, about to say something, but then she was quickly interrupted.

A familiar voice made its way into their ears. "Hey discount Doc Ock, could you lend me a hand" said Chat Noir, arriving at the scene.

"That's not my name!" Sabrina yelled, using the 4 of her arms on the ground to turn herself around to face Chat.

When she turned herself around, Chat's face fell immediately from shock. "Marinette?!"

Enraged from Chat's comment, Sabrina raised her fists in the air, subconsciously causing the grip around Marinette to tighten. "AAhhh" Marinette winced. Her face twisted from the pain.

"Put her down, she has nothing to do with this!" Chat demanded. His usually light and joking fighting style was nowhere in sight. The only thing he could think about was getting his classmate back to safety.

"She has everything to do with this! She's my gift for Chloe to do as she pleases!" Sabrina yelled at Chat. Sabrina... Chat though. Thinking back to class earlier in the day. Looking at the other arm in the air, he noticed it was holding Marinette's sketchbook. Looks like I'll have to get it back for the second time.