Chapter 8: Smack a Bitch

"Pound it" said the two superhero's, together, in unison. 

Ladybug's earrings started to beep. Before she had a chance to take off, Damien, no longer an akuma, grabbed her wrist. Something Chat took much notice of. Especially with his newfound assumption of who's under the mask. Concerned, he shifted himself closer over by Damien. 

"Would you be able to take me back to school? You're my favorite superhero" Damien asked Ladybug, still holding onto her wrist. 

Chat notice how uncomfortable and concerned she looked. The moment he knew she needed an out, he smoothly slid Damien's hand off of her wrist. "Looks like LB has to pounce, but I can take you back" Chat told him. Not wanting Damien alone with her.

Standing there with his hands now on his hips, Chat quickly looked over to Ladybug, who gave him the look of 'thank you'. Naturally, Chat replied with a cheesy wink, earning a playful roll of the eyes from Ladybug. He watched in amusement as she swung away from the scene, 'coincidently' in the same direction as the school. Another thing to add to the list. 

Now looking over expecting to see Damien, he sees him walking away. Quickly jogging over to him, Chat said to him, "I thought you wanted to be taken back to school". 

In what Chat registered as a slightly annoyed tone, Damien stopped walking and turned around to say, "I don't need your help...". Turning back around, facing away from Chat, Damien then said, "...And stay away from her". 

While Damien began walking away once again, a confused Chat called out to him, "Who?" he asked, wanting to know exactly who Damien was talking about. Damien didn't turn back around, but he did move his head over to the right, looking at one thing and one thing in particular. The Dupain Cheng bakery. 

The alarms began sounding. How does he know, and what exactly does he know?!  If it wasn't obvious before, this was clearly all the proof Chat needed not to trust him. Damien was watching Marinette... the thought sending shivers up his spine, stabbing him in the chest. He needed to get him away from her. 

... 

Walking back into the classroom from after the attack, the first thing Adrien saw was Damien talking to Marinette. Can Alya just have her seat back already. 

"I'm so sorry, I'm not sure what came over me. Did I hurt you?" Damien asked Marinette. 

Overhearing the conversation, it got Adrien thinking. Marinette hadn't been seen during the akuma attack since excusing herself from class. Even with Damien looking for her.

And during the fight, Damien was clearly attacking him with brute force, but he barley remembers him directly laying a hand on Ladybug. 

Not to mention the comment Damien made to Chat Noir. What if Damien knew? What if he knows who Ladybug is? And if he knows, and wasn't attacking, then that means it's Marinette?

If he really has been watching her, and saw her transform, it was entirely possible. 

"Don't worry, you didn't hurt me, surprisingly" Marinette said, that last part more as a whisper to herself, shocked he was barley attacking her as Ladybug. Although Adrien herd her comment, his hearing slightly enhanced even in his civilian form. The remark even FURTHER proof of his assumption. 

"I'm so glad you're ok. I don't know what I would've done if I had hurt you" Damien said, placing his hand on Marinette's shoulder, looking deep into her eyes. Somehow missing the way she uncomfortably shifted away from his touch. 

That was it. Adrien had enough. Seeing Damien's hand on her shoulder, seeing how she clearly wanted to get away. Getting ready to rip Damien straight off of Marinette, right from where he sat, he was quickly interrupted.