Curiosity Killed the Cat

The next day at school Adrien was in the best mood ever. Nino and Alya kept asking him what happened, but all he would say was "what, I'm not allowed to be in a good mood once in a while"

Then they watched as Marinette was walking into school, but they could tell her mind was anywhere else. Adrien just watched with heart eyes. He was going to tell her. Tonight. He was going to tell her that he's Adrien, and they'll finally be able to be together. Nothing could ruin his mood.

"Girl, what's got you so happy, first Adrien and now you?" She said, thinking something was up with the two, for she'd never seen them like this. "I just had a really amazing night last night, you know" Marinette said, coming back to earth, still with a huge smile on her face. Thankfully for Adrien she didn't seem to notice the huge blush that crossed his face when she said that. "Spill, if Adrien won't tell us his news, the least you could do is tell us yours" Alya wanted to know so badly. "Pshhh, nothing happened, am I not allowed to have nice evenings" she said, realizing they can't know she's been hanging with a superhero. "Yeah, I'm not buying it. You'll tell me at some point, I know it" Alya said.

The group continued to walk to class as they all sat down in their seats, Adrien turned around to talk to Marinette, but Nathanial sat down next to her to ask a question. Even though he definitely knew now that Marinette liked him, it still bothered him to see Nathanial with her, knowing of his crush, one that's so big it caused him to get akumatized. He watched the interaction from the corner of his eye just to make sure nothing would happen.

"Hey Marinette, I was wondering that since you're just amazing at designing, if you could help give me feedback on me and Marc's latest comic book?" Nathaniel asked. "Of course, I always love to see your work". Marinette looked at the pages while Nathaniel watched her, his face almost as red as his hair. Of course Adrien just had to roll his eyes, of course though once he tell Marinette who he is, they can announce their relationship, and guys like Tomato head will know she's taken. The thought made him smile, hoping for the best when he reveals himself.

Marinette was giving Nath her feedback, when Damien walked in for class, "I do believe that you're sitting in my seat" he said through gritted teeth, seeing yet another boy he'd have to add to his list. Nathaniel quickly apologized and went back to his seat. Marinette felt bad for him, he'd done nothing wrong. She didn't understand why Damien was like this to a lot of the guys. Of course Adrien knew why, but Damien out of everyone bothered him the most. He just radiated, Danger Danger, stay away, red flags.

Feeling a bit possessive Adrien turned around and said, "You know Damien, you've been here for a while now, you should switch back seats with Alya". They remained glaring at one another when Alya said, "I definitely agree with Adrien" as she moved her stuff back to her old seat. "Yeah, it'd be nice to sit with alya again, nothing against you" Marinette said to Damien. She was glad Adrien had said that, not exactly sure why he did, but Damien had been creeping her out lately, and she just wanted to sit next to her friend again.

Later during lunch Damien wasn't there for some unknown reason. Then Marinette was saying to the three, "Hey, have any of you guys heard from Luka? I haven't heard from him since last night, and it's not like him to say nothing". All Alya had heard was the words Luka and Last Night, thinking that maybe that's why Marinette was so happy this morning, "Wait you and Luka were together last night, is that why you're so happy?" Alya said, trying to figure out what was going on with her.

Adrien almost choked on his food not fullying registering that she meant being with Viperion and not hanging out with Luka after they kissed. "What? No. I mean yes? Sorry, I mean yes I was with Luka last night, but no he isn't the reason I'm so happy" Marinette said, "HA! So you admit that it IS someone!!!!" Alya shouted, pointing her finger at Mari. Marinette had a look of shock and nervousness on her face as she said, "Alya can we talk about this later, somewhere in private". That seemed to quiet her down. Adrien was a bit curious as to what Marinette was going to tell Alya.

Back in class Adrien hear Marinette ask Alya, "Hey, where did Nathaniel go? He was here this morning". Alya said she didn't know, since they knew the same amount.

After school Adrien went to his fencing practice, then his Chinese, then his modeling, all while nervously tapping his foot, knowing that what he's telling Marinette tonight could make and hopefully not break their soon to be relationship.

Once he was finished with his tasks for the day, he was able to go to Marinettes. He went when it was dark out so no one would see him going to her balcony. But as he was about to jump on his roof he saw, Damien? What was he doing here?

Chat realized that all those times he felt he was being watched it was probably Damien. He then started to leave the park and was presumably heading home. As much as Chat wanted to see Marinette, he knew this was his only opportunity to find out where he lives, and stop his stalking once and for all. This was all for her safety.

He followed Damien home and saw which room a light went on to see which was his room. Once the light went off and he could hear Damien close his door, Chat snuck into his room to see if there was any evidence he could get against him. And there was more than enough evidence to get him locked up.

Chat watched in horror as he saw photos of Marinette plastered on his wall, and every time she was with another guy their heads were crossed off. Then on the center of a white board were photos of Luka, Nathaniel, Chat Noir, and Adrien. And both Luka and Nathaniel's photos were crossed out with big red X's. That's when he remembered Marinette hadn't heard from Luka since the night before, and Nathaniel went missing after lunch. Oh no, this was way worse than he thought it could be. If Damien was capable of doing this, then what was he planning on doing to Marinette?

The thought sent him in a frenzy. He then took photos of the walls with his baton to show to Marinette later, but as he went to leave out the window he was knocked out cold in the back of his head, not realizing that Damien had come back to his room because he forgot his keys.