Chapter 3: Late Night Chats

Driving out on the open road, Marinette wrapped her left arm around Luka's waist, and held her right hand out in the air. Loving the feeling of the wind pushing against her palm.

Something about feeling this alive as Marinette was every bit just as special as how she felt leaping through the air as Ladybug. Free in every way.

Luka couldn't help himself, a soft smile stuck on his face, from sneaking glances at Marinette though his side view mirrors. The feeling of her arm around his waist feeling like a tether, the only thing keeping him grounded, yet the very thing making his heart fly out of his chest.

...

Reaching their destination, it was something out of a painting. A bit ways from the Bakery far down the Seine was a hidden spot Marinette had discovered one day out venturing as Ladybug.

The grass was a vibrant green with pastels and vibrant hues of red and orange flowers lining the patch of paradise, leaving a perfect space open to rest.

It was the perfect opportunity to rest... yet Luka couldn't help but feel something was off.

While guiding Marinette over to the patch of grass, Luka scanned the surrounding area, not sure what he was looking for, but feeling like something was looking for him.

This uncomfortableness stayed with him the entire night. It was with him as they shared a bag of goodies from the bakery. It was with him as they took turns skipping stones in the Seine, and it was with him as they laid on their backs, watching the watercolor sunset bleed into the night sky above them.

...

"UUUUgggghhhh, why do you care so much?" Plagg whined. Back in Adrien's room after the photoshoot, Plagg was having to deal with the denseness of his holder. If he physically could he would blurt out Ladybug's identity right then and there just to stop Adrien's confusion and indecisiveness, and to stop his own suffering.

"I... I'm not sure" Adrien responded. Not knowing what his sudden interest with his classmate has been turning into.

"Maybe you just need to give her the sketchbook back and you'll be perfectly fine again" Plagg said, knowing that was absolutely not true, but needing something different to happen.

"You're right, I should go see her, Plagg, Claws Out!" Adrien said, the green hue of his transformation disappearing to show Paris' superhero, Chat Noir.

...

Landing on Marinette's balcony, Chat gathered himself. Taking a deep breath, he walked right over to her trapdoor. Knocking on the hatch, he expected a response, but there was nothing.

Thinking maybe she didn't hear, he knocked one more time. But still, no answer.

For a second, he thought maybe she could be asleep, but with her consistent tardiness to school and falling asleep in class, the likelihood that she was asleep was very low.

A soft hum of an engine in the distance was picked up by his cat like hearing. Moving over to the railing of the balcony, he instantly was able to spot the blue and pink helmets belonging to Marinette and Luka, headed his way. 

Ducking down to stay out of their view, but keeping them in his view, he wondered, were they out for that long? Thinking they would've already been home by the time he went to visit.

As they neared, Chat rolled his eyes seeing how they were seated. Marinette had to hold tight onto Luka's waist so she wouldn't fall off. Luka must love that he scoffed to himself.

Staying ducked down on the balcony, Chat watched as he pulled up to the front of the Bakery. As they were getting off of the Moped, Luka said something a bit odd. "Was it just me, or did you feel like we were being watched?" he said, and then quickly hung his head at Marinette's confused expression, "I don't know, I just have this bad feeling, like something bad is going to happen to you". Luka took a hold of Marinette's hands while talking and held them firm, needing to feel that she was real, and right there.