Chapter 2: Clean Up

After cleansing the akuma (and getting Sabrina down from the top of the Eiffel tower), Marinette almost forgot she was managing the Bakery that afternoon.

Many customers and pastries later, Marinette looked around the shop. Not a single customer, the first time for the entire afternoon, and a much needed break.

Taking the rag out from her back pocket, she then bent down to grab the spray bottle she kept behind the counter, that way she could easily wipe it down when she needed to. While looking for it, the sound of the bell rang, echoing in the almost empty Bakery.

Putting the rag in her back pocket, she gave up her search for the spray bottle, and stood up. When she met the face that was now staring right back at hers, she could hear her heart beating like a drum.

Radiant, carfree, dreamy, Adrian, in her bakery. The sunlight shining in through the windows, directly onto him like a spotlight from the heavens. And heavenly was one word to describe him in Marientte's book.

"Hey, Mairentte! I just uhh, I just wanted to make sure you're ok" he said, rubbing the back of his neck.

Why does that look familiar? Marinette thought to herself for a second.

"I saw the attack on my way home from school..." Adrien mentioned.

What Marinette didn't know was that behind his back he held her backpack in one hand, and her sketchbook in the other.

Right as Chat had de transformed, he went right back to where Marinette was taken to grab her bag. Already having her sketchbook from Sabrina.

"... and I also saw this on my way home" he said, now bringing the backpack out from his back for her to see.

"My backpack!"

"Yeah... I recognized it sitting on the ground, and I didn't want it getting stolen"

"You're a lifesaver!" she said excitedly, grabbing the bag from him. "Hold on, just a second," she said, holding her hand out. Quickly she sprinted over to the display cases, and started piling some croissants and macaroons into a to-go bag.

Adrien wanted to tell her he also has her sketchbook, but he was having trouble forming the words.

Looking back to Marinette, he realized she was now in front of him, handing him the bag of pastries.

"Here, on the house. Wouldn't want you to be hungry for the photo shoot" she said, nodding her head out her window at the park where all the camera equipment was set up.

He found himself staring at the blunette. Her smile's adorable... he found himself thinking. Wait, what? He thought again, confused where his previous thought came from. "No, I couldn't possibly" he said. Reaching into his jacket pocket, he then pulled out the money to pay for the pastries.

"Nope, no can do" Marinette said, refusing to accept the money.

Adrien then leaned past her and dropped the money into the tip jar.

"Hey!" she exclaimed. She wanted to fight the notion, but then an assistant from the photo shoot stuck his head into the Bakery.

"Adrien, you're needed in hair and makeup" the guy said.

Adrien then looked between the man, and Marinette, then took a quick glance at the sketchbook.

Making up his mind, he then gave Marinette a smirk and made his way out of the Bakery. Successfully having given Marinette the tip money.

"What was that? Why didn't you give her the sketchbook?" Plagg said from inside his shirt jacket.

"I will give it back to her later. Well at least Chat will" he said. Revealing his plan to his Kwami. Wanting an excuse to talk with Marinette more, and not even really knowing why this is.