Chapter 14 - Ugliness of a lady

As soon as Shinichi moved his seat officially next to Ranran, everything after that turned into a big mess.

The classmates that had watched all of this unfold before them were very amused by the spectacle, but the school was more lively than it was upon hearing the rumours about what really happened in their class.

Various words could be heard across the hallways.

"I heard Kudo Shinichi had openly declared he wasn't very happy sitting next to Mouri Ran, his rumoured girlfriend, and told the sensei to arrange his sitting right next to Ranran."

"I've been told that apparently, Ran didn't trust him after that soccer club incident took place, which is why he did what he did."

"I also been told Sonoko, her best friend was giving him a hard time for something he has never done. How stupid of him to do that, let alone, in front of the entire class! Had he had no shame? To humiliate his girlfriend like that publicly?!"

"Are you that naive? Shinichi isn't that stupid! In fact, he was rather clever, because why bother wasting his time to get a stubborn brat girl like her to trust him since she never will, when he could be using his time to focus on his tantei dreams by hanging out with Ranran! Also, he didn't have a girlfriend. It was Sonoko or Ran's delusional belief that they own him as if he wasn't Ran's personal property.

"Seems like Ranran herself must be the type to give people tough love. Not to mention, she was also open-minded about letting him sit right next to her, even forgive him, especially after what he had done to her last year."

"I am glad that even though she is cunning, at least she is also open-minded towards him. Just by thinking about Shinichi having to bear with Ran being so cold towards him....who would've known she was so shrewd unlike Ranran would."

Ranran and Shinichi who became the origin of the turmoil seemed to have hidden themselves days later. It wasn't like they completely vanish into thin air. You can still see them in class, but then in a blink of an eye as soon as it is either recess or after school, they vanished.

Even Ran and Sonoko had to go into hiding as the days dragged on, as vicious rumours such as 'Ran not being a good friend' or 'being a bratty girl being one of the reasons to not trust Shinichi's innocence threaten to ruin her reputation. In any case, to Shinichi's fangirls, it is like her being cold towards their crush because she is a 'dumb girl', so it be a matter of time before the commotion dies down and life can go back to normal.

At last, Sonoko stormed away from another potential hiding spot as more kids had gathered around, still pissed at what had happened as Ran walked alongside.

"Damn that Geek! Whom knew he'll be this ruthless!" Sonoko wore anger on her face. Ran sighed as she walked across the hallway with Sonoko, she was worried about Shinichi. After that huge feud he had with Ranran, he had yet to talk about it, let alone, to herself Ran."Still thinking about it?"

Ran blinked at Sonoko and nodded, "I know Shinichi told us to leave him be, but it just doesn't feel right. I mean, he seemed really upset."Ran answered, looking so bothered.

"Uhmm...Ran, you know, I've been thinking of telling you this for a long time.."Sonoko said, biting her lower lip.

"What is it Sonoko?"

"Regarding his relationship with Ranran.....what if.....they are finally more than that?"Sonoko whispered, then Ran stared at her blankly, not clearly getting what her friend is trying to say. A frown formed on Sonoko's face, "You know we've been hearing rumours that she was adopted into his family to be married off to him, correct?"

Ran nodded.

"You know....you haven't been speaking to Shinichi in a long while. Maybe during that period....."Sonoko paused, unable to continue