Chapter 20 - Shades of red and vicious rumors

Whenever one enters this place, in particular, Shinichi always hated it for many reasons said and done.

This is the phase when girls of all ages, especially women, would openly lie to him straight in the face, manipulating him into doing whatever they wanted him to do like the cruel deceitful little devils they are. It didn't matter if Shinichi was right or not, or if he used logic to sway them, the mainline is that as long as one steps foot in this territory with a girl, all-male species are to be considered as slaves.

That's why, when Ranran uttered those words, he felt something catastrophic was going to happen. The distinctive falsehoods he hears from every girl who has ever stepped foot in this spot. "I promise it won't take long."

Lies, when it comes to shopping, there is no such thing as a 'long' time. "Neh, how long are we going to shop around here, Ranran?" Shinichi checked the time on his watch while Ranran examines one book after another. "If this continues, we won't have time to-

"Shh!" Ranran responded quietly without glancing back, sensing Majima was still following them from behind. "It'll take a while, Shinichi, "Ranran reassures him with her lies and convincing act, enough to fool Majima as she put away the other book, "I know you're worried about.....the location we've chosen. Especially...." Ranran took a minute to soak in her surroundings "How unorganized the environment around us is. But don't worry, we'll be leaving soon."

"Mou....." Michio can't help but sympathise with Shinichi as he grunts in anger, feeling apprehensive. "But seriously, Ranran, hurry up."

"Why? No patience?"Ranran teases.

Michio had grown up with his widowed mother was used to following her here whenever they went shopping for essentials. Whatever happens is something he has no control of.

But Michio got to admit that Shinichi was right on this perspective.

Department stores within Beikai Mall are expected to be large, even so...

"No, Ranran, it's not proper for us boys to be seen standing here, especially in between the book and stationery areas, where they offer grown-up panties and bras for older ladies." He hissed back in whispered tones, mortified by passing girls young and old, while Ranran disregarded his apparent anguish.

Michio's gaze then reverted to their current surroundings as he frowned; he knew that Beikai mall had recently undergone renovations, so everything was as disorganised as it is today. But why do the arrangements have to be so messed up here!? There are mannequins clothed in those...bras and panties so brazenly without clothes?! And they had to be placed between the book and stationery supplies of all things!?

"Of course, Shinichi, the books are never my intention."

It wasn't Ranran's intention to head to Beikai mall to buy books or stationery, but given that Majima Michio can't be bribed, much alone dreads the notion of him following them till adulthood and tarnishing their reputation, Ranran understood something had to be done to guarantee he stays away.

That's why, when Shinichi said recently that he needed to buy some new books because his father's stories were boring him to tears, she decided to put her plan into action here of all places. "You boys are weird."

"Hah!?"Shinichi whipped his head back at her, "How so!?"

"At my former school in the United Kingdom, boys of all ages marvel at it all day."

"Wha-"Shinichi swore she couldn't be lying, "You're bluffing!"

"If I was bluffing, we wouldn't even exist in this world." Ranran was unmoved by his remark.