Chapter 6

I do not Own Poppy Playtime

Lune let out a small noise as his eyesockets fluttered open. He sat up and let out a cute yawn and rubbed the sleep out of his eyesockets like a toddler. When did I fall asleep?? He wondered. Then Lune looked around the room he was in. He was in a fairly medium sized room. The light was fairly dim and all around were piles of pillows and fluff. Some of the walls had blood stains in certain places, but there were no bodies or broken toys. Some of the walls had scratches and claw marks. Lune noticed he was on a small pile of pillows and a blanket was covering him. He frowned.
"How did I get here? I was in that medicine station while I was-" He cut himself off and immediately shot up to his feet.
"Wait! I gotta find Huggy!! He's still hurt!" Lune said starting to feel panicked, but he has no idea Huggy was watching him from the open vent above him. As Lune went to grab his backpack, Huggy slide out of the vent and landed in front of Lune. The small skeleton stopped and slowly looked at Huggy. The tall toy mascot was still bleeding in places, blood covered his large mouth and some ribs could be seen, probably out of place. Huggy's eyes weren't dilated and his mouth wasn't open as he looked down at Lune, but his expression read that of extreme caution and fear. Lune looked at Huggy's wounds and frowned as tears yet again came to his eyesockets.
"Huggy....I....I'm so sorry..." He said. Huggy's eyes widened and he tilted his head confused.
"I didn't know it was you. I got scared and just reacted...I'm sorry, I'm so sorry you got hurt. I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm so sorry!" Lune sniffled and started wiping his eyesockets trying to stop the tears. Huggy was shocked. No one had ever apologized to him or felt bad for hurting before. He wasn't even sure he understood what an apology was having never really heard it before. But what he could understand was that this small skeleton was sad that Huggy got hurt and felt really bad about it, especially since Lune was blaming himself for. Huggy kneeled infront of Lune and tried to smile for him, as if to tell the little skeleton it was ok. But Huggy's smile was strained, and it hurt him to smile, considering he did it almost all the time. Lune looked up Huggy and hugged him tightly.
"Stop smiling please....you don't have to force yourself to smile anymore. You should only smile if you feel happy. And I can tell you're not happy right now..: Lune said. Huggy looked down at the skeleton and dropped his smile, gently hugging the young skeleton back. In all honesty, Huggy felt better that he didn't have to force a smile for Lune. That he didn't have to worry or be afraid that Lune would hurt him. After a few minutes Lune let go of Huggy and went into his backpack and pulled out some medical supplies.
"You're still badly hurt Huggy. If you're ok with it, I wanna help you get better, is that ok?" Lune asked. Huggy looked at the supplies, it contained bandages, a pair of scissors, some swabs, gauges, peroxide and rubbing alcohol as well as disinfectant. Huggy whimpered softly and looked scared.
"It'll help you get better. It might sting a little in some areas but I promise it will help you not hurt so badly anymore." Lune said reassuringly. Huggy looked hesitant and then sat down so Lune could reach him better. Lune smiled and got to work on Huggy's injuries. Lune had wrapped up Huggy's torso after making sure the ribs were totally broken. It was just a few fractures that was easy to fix. Where ever Huggy's fur was torn and bleeding, Lune bandaged up after treating it with disinfectant and rubbing alcohol. Lune also cleaned a lot of the blood away from those areas and Huggy's face. Pretty soon all of Huggy's injuries were tended to, and Lune was gently hugging him.
"There as long as you rest, you'll get better." He said. Then Lune reached into the back pack and pulled out some food.
"Here Huggy. Sorry I didn't know what you liked, but I figured you probably need to eat something so here!" Lune smiled handing the food to Huggy. The blue fuzzball sniffed the food curiously and took a small bite out if. His eyes immediately seemed to sparkle and he ended up wolfing the rest of the food down. He looked at Lune and gave the little skeleton a pleading look. Lune giggled and gave Huggy some more food while he himself sat down to eat a bit. Huggy wolfed down the rest of the food and let out a lot sigh, feeling content. He didn't feel hungry anymore and felt satisfied. Lune had eaten his food and sighed happily at having his tummy full. Lune then crawled to Huggy and curled up into his fur. Huggy looked down at Lune confused until he heard Lune purring.
"So comfy. I knew you were a nice person.." Lune said before drifting off into sleep. Huggy felt tears well up in his eyes, as he had never heard any one say anything nice like that to him. He had never even been treated like an actual living being. But here was this small skeleton, doing just that. Huggy felt himself genuinely smiling as he cuddled Lune gently, letting out a low rumbling purr of his own.
Huggy continued to stare down at the small skeleton as he slept in his fuffly arms. Huggy didn't understand why Lune was being so nice to him after Huggy tried to hurt him. Even if Lune wasn't aware it was Huggy at the time, you'd think the little skeleton would be scared of Huggy or angry at him. But no, Lune was more angry at how Huggy was treated in the past and wasn't at all afraid of him. Afterall if Lune was either of those things at Huggy, he wouldn't be sleeping soundly in Huggy's arms. Huggy felt himself smile again, feeling happy that there was someone in this lonely world, that actually was nice to him and treated him like he was actually alive. Huggy nuzzled Lune before drifting off to sleep himself.