Chapter 10

Slight warning (besides reminding ya that I don't own Poppy Playtime just my own original characters), there will be a spider chase, spoilers (obviously), and some traumatic events for certain characters. You have been warned.

The hallway had a dozen pictures of different colored Huggy Wuggy toys pealing out of little tunnels. When P and Lune stepped through the threshold into the game room the door immediately shut, trapping them inside and keeping, Huggy, Bunzo and CatBee out. Huggy shrieked and banged on the door angrily. P gulped nervously. Lune sighed.
"She did this on purpose." He said. P nodded and pointed to the TV up on the wall. The room itself was filled with holes that went deep into the walls. The tv lit up playing another set of directions for this particular game.

Lune frowned. Not liking this very much. Mommy then appeared in the upper room.
"The toys in this game used to have strings attached to them. So they could be pulled back if they got too close to the children~" She said holding up a hand holding said strings then dropping them with a hum.
"Have fun~" She said her tone low and sinister. The lights in the room came on so they could see the walls a bit better. P immediately positioned Lune behind him so they were back to back and cover each other. Lune blinked and nodded in silent understanding even tho P couldn't see him. They would both need to work together since it was pretty clear this game was more dangerous then Bunzo's was. Lune was the first to spot a lil Wuggy as it stopped and stared for a second before Lune quickly smacked it with grab pack. P began to do the same with each hole he spotted a Wuggy toy peak out. Neither could see any teeth on these toys whenever they'd open their mouths, probably because this game was supposed to be for actual children around Lune's size, so they couldn't actually let these toys cause harm, also hence the wires originally attached. Though Lune couldn't help but frown at that thought. All these toys were alive but we're being used like they were objects, not being allowed to actually live. Even an innocent mind like Lune's could piece together why these toys were acting the way they were now. But there was just so much more that just didn't add up. If Mommy Long Legs was in a similar situation then....why would she even consider hurting any fellow toys like Bunzo out of anger?...
As the Wuggy's started coming out at faster pace both Lune and P had to pick up the pace and react faster. Lune heard a growl and turned to see a Wuggy launching at P, immediately Lune hit back with his grab pack. The toy hissed and crawled back into the hole. P patted Lune's skull in thanks and luckily that was the last toy to hit. The lights turned off and the Wuggy's stopped coming out. Lune frowned feeling guilty for even playing this game in the first place. He didn't want to hurt the poor toys but at the same time this literally came down to him and P needing to make it through this and save Poppy.
"Oh you did it." Mommy spoke up sounding disappointed again but again quickly changing her tune.
"Hurray! Mommy is so, proud of you! Here, Mommy has another hint for you~" They both looked to see her hand sticking out of a nearby vent, holding another piece of the train code. Lune hesitantly went over and grabbed the code. With each game and every word coming out of Mommy's mouth, he felt severely uneasy. Her tone, the way she'd quickly change her tune when she spoke. It seemed so...fake, manipulative. It was obvious she wasn't happy that they were completing the games, but she was also clearly trying to hide her own frustration.
"Only one more game left to play. Sad Mommy was hoping you'd stay here forever. Well, it's never too late to change your mind~ Hehehe." She said. Lune looked up at her and frowned.
"But, why do you stay here?" Mommy looked taken aback, clearly not expecting that question. P looked at Lune questionly.
"There's not much food and you all need to eat. And it's dark...and sad here. Plus they hurt you...all of you. Why would you want to stay here?" He asked again. Sure they were giant toys but this place clearly did so much bad things to all these toys. All of them were people at one point, children some maybe even workers too. And the mistreatment they faced, as people and as toys was becoming clearer and clearer as they pressed on. So to Lune it didn't make sense to stay in a place that hurt you so much, even if it was all you knew, wouldn't you want to be free? Mommy seemed to frowned deeply, her silence long as even she tried to think of a response. When she finally did respond, Lune and P both could hear her sincerity, and she finally sounded... real.
"Where would we go little boy? This place...the shadows... it's all we know. It isn't much but surely it's better then living in a cage. And... it's all He knows...I don't think...leaving it is an option...for any of us..." She said before slowly moving back and disappearing from sight. Lune frowned softly.
"A cage?.." He said softly. P frowned, not seeming to understand what that meant either. He probably didn't know as much as the toys might think he actually did either. The door finally opened and Huggy rushed in with Bunzo both of them hugging Lune in relief.
"We're Oki. Huggy... I'm sorry...we had to hit other Wuggy toys....please don't be mad." Lune said sadly. Huggy blinked at Lune and sighed, then nuzzled him.
"I could...never be mad...at you." He said. Bunzo sighed.
"At least you're ok. And don't feel bad kid, those toys wouldn't have hesitated to hurt you or him. We would've rather they get slapped around then you guys not making it back out at all." He said, while holding CatBee. She buzzed in relief smiling at the two. Lune smiled, reassured.
"Thank you, I feel a bit better now. We should get going. We still have one more game to go through." As they all turned to exit the game room the entrance door closed shut and a smaller door opened up on the other side. P frowned and led the way this time, the other following. Lune hugged the small Catnap plush close as the came upon a set of broken stairs. P frowned and looked around noticing another grab pack on the ground, a bit ruffed up but still usable, then he put it on Huggy, who gave him a confused look and a low growl. P pointed upwards, at the top was a something for the grab packs to grab onto. Huggy blinked and nodded in understanding as P used his grab pack and brought himself up. Lune went next, and Huggy followed having Bunzo hang onto his back with CatBee. When they got up there they heard the sounds of Mommy taking her anger out on something and it sounded like-
"No... Nononono! The Wuggys!" Lune immediately tried to go back down only for Huggy to stop him sadly shaking his head. Lune whimpered and sniffled.
"B-But...they...they didn't do anything bad....w-why is she hurting them..."
"That's how she is. They failed to ki- Erm hurt you two. So she's....yeah..." Bunzo trailed off seeing Lune's starting to cry. P frowned deeply and hugged Lune, feeling bad for the poor kid. Clearly this place was gonna traumatize the poor skeleton. But they were all in the thick of it now...the only thing they could do was try to get out. Lune eventually wiped his tears on his sleeve and walked ahead a bit quieter then he normally was. They all came up on a set of hallways and a gate blocked the way.
"Uh oh I think we're stuck." Bunzo said. P frowned deeply.
"... Can't reach.." He mumbled. Lune frowned before an alarm sound went off and the gate on the other end of the hallway opened. A figure similar to Huggy was revealed and walked to them slowly. P stiffened while Bunzo and Huggy gasped. The figure got closer to reveal another lookalike of Huggy, only she was pink and a girl. Lune blinked recognizing her from posters and such.
"Kissy Missy?" He said softly. Kissy looked at all of them, staring at both Lune and Huggy the longest before looking at the lever. She glanced back at them for a second before trying to pull it town, succeeding after two tries. Afterwards she left back the way she came, glancing back at them once before she completely disappeared from view as the gate slowly went up. When it got up far enough Huggy immediately ran the way Kissy went frantically looking around and frowning when he couldn't see her. Lune jogged up to him.
"It's ok Huggy, we'll probably find her later! Or maybe she'll follow us out!" He said to cheer Huggy up. The blue mascot looked down at Lune and nodded slowly. P looked around and tapped Lune's shoulder motioning to the puzzles. Lune nodded with a determined smiles and they got to work solving it. Along the way they found another VHS tape, interviewing a worker about some strange encounter he had.