[50]

Emma wished she could be as quiet as a vampire while sneaking around, but alas, the sound of crunching leaves and twigs beneath her feet was the only one filling the air as she and Kol snuck around the farmland property. According to Kol, he could hear the vampires were being held in the barn, and so he led the way, hand holding on to Emma's as they hid behind one of the buildings.

The property wasn't too occupied by the vampire hunting deputies, but with it being an open space, that made it easy to be seen. Luckily, the two of them had the element of surprise on their side. While the hunters were out there looking for them, they were right under their noses.

"How do we get to the barn without them seeing us?" Emma whispered to Kol, straightening up from where she' d been leaning over to look at a pair of men patrolling the grounds and standing in their way just around the corner from the building behind which they were hiding.

Emma got no verbal response to her question. Instead, she felt him release her hand as he disappeared. Poking her head back around, she looked at the men just in time to see Kol appear behind them, snapping their necks before either could even notice his presence, much less announce it to anyone.

"Well that was easy." She whispered as he appeared by her side again, dumping the bodies of the two men among the bushes on the side of the property. They weren't too hidden, but with the aid of the darkness, they wouldn't be found until Emma, Kol and Rebekah were long gone.

"So's this." Kol added on, and Emma felt the wind sweeping across her face as his arms wrapped around her waist. In a blink, the two found themselves standing by the side of the barn. She looked up at his smirking face with a small shake of her head.

"Show-off." She mumbled as he released her, ready to step out of their hiding place and make his way into the barn to release his sister. However, before he could, Emma pulled on his arm, drawing him back into the shadows just as two men appeared from the other side. "And yet, I still continue saving your ass."

They silently watched as two men made their way into the barn, both carrying large amounts of vervain in their hands. Emma looked over at Kol's face once the two disappeared inside the building. She couldn't hear what was happening inside, but he could. He'd know the best time to head inside.

"Matt and Damon are here too, putting on quite a show." Kol whispered as he listened, catching the conversation going on in front of the property as well as in the barn.

"Good, they can provide a distraction." Emma nodded her head in approval. And she was proven correct as one of the men rushed out of the barn, but the other remained inside.

She knew one human wouldn't be much of an obstacle, but their plan was to avoid as many of them as possible. Just one shooting off their gun if they noticed them would alert everyone else. And then the element of surprise and stealth would be gone. The plan certainly didn't seem much like the type of plan Kol would come up, knowing how easily he could just kill them all, even if they were shooting their guns. But Emma didn't question it when they decided on it.

"Hm." Kol hummed to himself, making Emma's brows furrow as she sent him a questioning look, wondering what he might've heard. But he didn't tell her what it was. "Come on." He simply took hold of her hand and started to lead her into the barn, still quiet and careful just in case.

Only once they made their way inside, did Emma understand what happened to make him think now was the time to enter. She watched as Stefan slammed the head of the hunter into the bars of his cell one last time before letting his body fall to the floor, blood quickly pooling around his head as it spilled from the injury.

"Seems like there's no need for our dashing rescue plan after all." Kol was the first to speak, announcing their presence as he made his way to the dead body, snatching the keys of the man's belt.