[55]

"Can this end up on my record? With the house being in my name and all?" Emma questioned as she read over the flyer Rebekah handed her once the two reunited in the halls after class, ready to head on to the next one together. "I mean, not that I should care really. The perk of the Council blowing themselves up with the last of the town's vervain supply is you can just compel it off my record if it does."

"And I promise to do so if it does." Rebekah said light-heartedly, not even looking at Emma as she handed the fliers off to some of the senior students from their biology class. "But it'll be fun, and there's no better way to break in a new house than throwing a party."

"I wouldn't know, so I'll take your word for it." Emma laughed as the two walked into the history classroom, Rebekah making her presence known to all as she called out a good morning to all those inside.

"So, I'm throwing a little anti-curfew party at my new house. Starts at fifth period and goes 'til whenever. Spread the word." While Rebekah started handing out fliers, Emma moved through the room to take her seat. And it was a good thing she did as Rebekah focused on one of the students in the room in particular.

"You're welcome to join, Elena, if you'd like to bury the hatchet." Rebekah said carelessly as she placed one of the fliers on top of Elena's history textbook. Emma did her best not to laugh at the annoyed look on Elena's face.

"It's a pretty enormous hatchet." Elena pointed out in a low voice, the anger palpable in it.

"Well, I'm feeling generous of spirit." Rebekah brushed it off with ease, proceeding to turn with Emma with a requesting look that made the brunette confused for a moment. And then she realized what Rebekah was implying.

"Oh! Wait... I can do it now and it counts later? That certainly would have been a good thing to know when I started hanging out with vampires." Emma asked in surprise before she stopped herself from rambling out her questions and turned to Stefan and Elena. "You can come in, I guess." She was certainly curious to see if it would actually work because a part of her doubted it.

"New house, huh? Did your brother finally kick you out?" Elena questioned in a taunting tone, obviously not as willing as Rebekah to 'bury the hatchet'. Emma wasn't too surprised. As she'd said to Caroline, something told her they wouldn't all be the best of friends any time soon.

"He didn't kick me out, I left." Rebekah sent the brunette a small glare at the words, not liking Elena digging her nose into family matters which were none of her business.

Soon it became clear that any kind of response was exactly what Elena wanted from the Mikaelson. "So, you left the only person on earth that actually likes you?"

"Sitting right here." Emma called out, looking away from her notebook so she could glare at Elena for the bitchy comment. Did Elena have a right to hold a grudge against Rebekah? Sure. She did kill her. But Emma wasn't just gonna sit here and let them act like she didn't exist, especially not when the words brought a happy smile to Rebekah's face.

"Exactly! And... Well, your boyfriend liked me once." Judging based on the look Stefan gave the blonde for her comment, he clearly wasn't that happy about being dragged into this little spat. "Actually, a lot more than once." Rebekah didn't care.

"Why are you still in town, Rebekah? Don't you have anywhere else to go?" Since he was already dragged into it, Stefan didn't hold off on delivering some of his own jabs now.

"Well, history's my favourite class. Actually, where is Mr. Saltzman...?" Rebekah started to question before pausing dramatically. It still made Emma's eyes widen. She'd completely forgotten about that bit if she were being honest. "Oh, that's right, I killed him."