[8]

"Are you feeling any better?" Emma asked as she handed Rebekah a glass of bourbon they'd swiped when leaving the house where Emma had picked the blonde up. After leaving, they'd driven to Emma's house in silence, the brunette not pressing Rebekah for any answers as she instead let the blonde process whatever had upset her so much.

"A bit, thank you." Rebekah said quietly and took the glass from Emma who then moved to sit down on the sofa next to her. Silence lapsed over them before the blonde spoke again. "I'm sorry that you had to see that, I promise, I mean you no harm. It's not as bad as it looks."

"I know that. There's nothing you have to apologize for." Emma spoke in a reassuring tone. And it was the truth as well. Was she surprised? Yes. Confused? Yes. She had a million questions by now, but in no was she mad or upset with Rebekah, much less afraid of her. After all, the blonde had many chances to kill her if she really wanted to.

"How can you be so calm? Why aren't you more scared? You don't even know what I am." Rebekah didn't understand how Emma could so simply sit there and comfort her after what she had seen.

"I'm going to guess a vampire?" Emma questioned, connecting the pieces of what she'd seen and read in her father's writings with what she had witnessed earlier that night.

"So you do know? How?" Rebekah looked at the brunette, not really surprised as her previous suspicions about Emma resurfaced. Back when she'd searched through her house and found the vervain amongst her mother's things, Rebekah simply prescribed it all to Emma's mother being the one to know about the supernatural, not Emma herself. She supposed it was because subconsciously she didn't want to find something that would risk the friendship between them.

"Trust me, if this happened yesterday, I would probably be much more freaked out, but recently I came across some things that make this a little less unbelievable." Emma commented, a humorless laugh escaping her as her eyes glanced over to the bag which she'd dropped by the side of the sofa when they came in.

"What did you come across?" Rebekah asked with furrowed brows. In a way, she was happy to find a distraction from her own troubled mind which continued to spin with what had been revealed about her brother.

"We don't have to talk about that now." Emma spoke quickly, not wanting to bump her problems on Rebekah right now. She didn't want it to seem as if she was using her now that she knew her secret, and also, she wasn't sure how right of a time it was anyways with what happened only half an hour ago.

"Please, I could use something else to focus on." Rebekah pleaded. "If you want to, of course. I understand if you don't." She quickly added as she herself wasn't really ready yet to share with Emma what it was exactly that Elena told her.

It was one thing for Emma to know about her being a vampire, but revealing things about her family, who they were and what they were like. Everything had gone so well until now; Rebekah didn't want to push it too far and risk it. Emma spared a moment to look at the blonde for a few seconds, trying to see if she truly meant her words as well as deciding whether to share her father's things with her.

But soon enough, she made up her mind. Leaning down across the sofa, she reached for her bag and brought it up to her lap before digging through it for a few moments until she felt her fingers brush over the spine of the notebook. Pulling it out, she dropped her bag back to the ground and turned to Rebekah, diving into the explanation.

"Yesterday, I was going through some of the boxes we haven't unpacked yet when I found a box full of my dad's things. Papers and notebooks, all dating throughout the year before he... before he disappeared." So far, Rebekah had only known that Emma's father was out of the picture and so as she shared the information, the blonde couldn't deny her interest was piqued.