[10]

"Nice to know my reputation precedes me, but while you know my name, I'm afraid I don't know yours, love?" The hybrid scanned over the girl standing before him. She was undeniably human, and while Klaus had made a point to get acquainted with all within Mystic Falls who may be of importance, he did not recognize her. And yet she knew who he was. Intriguing, indeed.

"Emma, I'm friends with your sister. I thought you might know where she is, but having seen that little display, you don't know either. Considering the fact that she was looking forwards to this, I doubt she'd miss it." The suspicion laced through Emma's voice was unmissable, making it obvious she thought the same as Klaus. Rebekah should have been here by now, and the fact that she wasn't made them both think something more than just delayed preparations had kept her away.

"Don't put it past my little sister to be fashionably late. Must have the attention of all, that one." Despite his own skepticism, Klaus brushed it off, choosing to give his sister some more time for her to appear before he started hunting down answers. He knew that once he did, it wouldn't take long to get them out of someone here.

"And if that's not the case?" Emma raised an eyebrow. She didn't know much about Klaus, in many of Rebekah's stories he seemed somewhat selfish as well as paranoid. Emma simply wanted to know whether she should be searching for Rebekah on her own while Klaus occupies himself with whatever it was that was going down tonight.

"Then trust me love, whatever's happened to her, I will get to the bottom of it. And whoever did it..." Klaus trailed off, looking for the right words to describe what would happen to whoever may have harmed his sister. However, Emma beat him to it.

"Let me guess, will wish they hadn't?" Even though she posed it as a question, it could be heard in Emma's tone that she already knew the answer to it. Emma didn't need to know every story about Klaus to know that he had no qualms about hurting someone to get what he wanted. Even if she hadn't had an inkling about it before, just seeing the conversation with Stefan would have been enough to know.

"You're a quick learner." For the second time in a span of minutes, Klaus seemed as if he'd been impressed. He hadn't met the girl during any of his previous visits to Mystic Falls, and the fact that she seemed to be a friend of Rebekah's made him believe she hadn't been a part of the story back then. And yet, in the short time she's known his sister, Emma was aware of quite a bit. Something he wouldn't have expected from a mundane teenage girl.

"I had a good teacher." Emma admitted. It was clear to Klaus now that whatever Emma knew, she knew because of Rebekah. While his sister had always been eager to make friends and somewhat too trusting in his opinion, Klaus decided not to dispose of the girl just yet. She could be useful in tracking down his little sister.

"How about we get a drink while we wait for further festivities of the night?" Klaus suggested, a smirk spreading over his lips, his hand extending as if motioning for Emma to walk ahead. "It would give us a chance to get better acquainted."

"How could I ever refuse?" Emma questioned, sending a sweet smile, but the slight sarcasm in her tone showed that she knew it was better to accept than to say no. The lack of intimidation or fear that the girl seemed to show made Klaus let out a small laugh. She was entertaining if nothing else.

The two headed towards the stone steps, Klaus falling into a step besides Emma. However, they hadn't gotten too far before the hybrid slowed to a stop once again, and so they found themselves standing in front of Tyler Lockwood. Emma remembered Rebekah listing off all the supernatural beings within Mystic Falls, and she remembered the fact that Tyler was Klaus' first successful hybrid.

"My mum would seriously freak if she saw all these people here." Tyler commented with a chuckle as his eyes scanned over the party which was by now in full swing as more people continued showing up. The garden was completely full as people danced to the music, enjoying their salvaged dance.