Chapter One

Peter's POV

"I have a plan." I sit down across from Ned in class before first period starts. "Okay, first, I'm gonna sit next to Gracee on the flight. Second, I'm gonna buy a dual-headphone adapter and watch movies with her the whole time. Okay. Three, when we got to Venice- Venice is famous for making stuff out of glass, right?"

"True." Ned says, nodding.

"So I'm gonna buy her a black dahlia necklace because that's pretty much her superhero name and because of, well the murder."

"The murder." Ned says at the same time.

"Four, when we go to Paris, I'm gonna take her to the top of the Eiffel Tower, give her the necklace. Then, five, I'm gonna tell her how I feel."

"But she already knows how you feel." Ned looks at me in confusion.

"Well, yeah, but I don't think she really knows how much I care about her. It's been eight months and ever since she revealed her identity she hasn't been the same. She's lost her dad, her family, her home, and her powers. Everywhere she goes there's paparazzi. She's been through so much so I just want her to know that I'll always be here for her, and that I will always love her."

"But you told me that you all have been really good. You said you-"

"Yes, we've had sex but it's been a while and I want it to be really special this time."

"You just told me you had sex last week-"

"Anyways, six, hopefully she tells me she feels the same way."

"Oh, don't forget step seven."

"Step seven?" I ask, picking up my pen, ready to write it down.

"Don't do any of that."

"Why?" I frown, looking back up at my best friend.

"We're gonna be bachelors in Europe."

"Ned-"

"Look, I may not know much, but I do know this: Europeans love Americans."

"Really?" I ask skeptically.

"More than half of them are women."

"Okay. Sure. But I can't be a bachelor in Europe if I have a girlfriend. And I have a girlfriend. She's awesome and she's sweet, and she's super funny in a kind of dark way. When I catch her looking at me, I feel like I've-" I look up and see Gracee and MJ walking our way, so I close my notebook. "She's coming. Don't say anything."

"What up, dorks?" MJ says.

"Excited about the science trip?" Gracee asks.

I love her voice.

"Hey, we're talking about the trip." I smile.

"Yeah, and Peter's plan." Ned says.

"You have a plan?" Gracee asks, scrunching her eyebrows in confusion.

"I don't, I don't have a plan." I say, glaring at Ned.

"No, he's just gonna collect tiny spoons when we're traveling to other countries." Ned says, winking at me.