Chapter Seven

Peter's POV

When the plane lands, I stand up from my seat and watch Brad grab Gracee's carry on and hand it to her. She takes it and smiles at him but the second he turns away I watch her roll her eyes ever so slightly.

Her eyes meet mine and my heart speeds up in anticipation. She tries to look casual by walking slowly towards me but when she is within reach she jumps into my arms with so much force that I fall back onto my seat.

"Hey." I smile.

"Hey." She says giddily.

We stand up and follow our class off of the plane, looking around for Ned and MJ. Once we are in the airport, we spot them and they run up to us. Gracee hugs both of them and they give her confused looks at first, before they realize that she missed them because of all people, she had to sit next to Brad the whole plane ride here.

We all look over when Betty walks up next to Ned. "Hey babe. Can you hold this for me please?"

"Of course." Ned takes her bag from her.

"Thanks." She kisses his cheek and they smile at each other before Ned taps her nose and she walks away.

"Since when we're you two dating?!" Gracee asks, when Betty is out of earshot.

"What was that?" I stare at my best friend in disbelief.

"That was the reason I want to claw my eyes out." MJ sighs. "I had to deal with that the second half of the plane ride."

"I think it's kind of cute." Gracee shrugs. "When, how, where and why?"

"Well, we got to talking on the plane and it turns out, we have a lot in common." Ned says. "So, we're boyfriend and girlfriend now."

"Whatever happened to being an American Bachelor in Europe?" I whisper.

"Peter, those were the words of a boy. And that boy met a woman. A very strong and powerful woman. And now, that boy's a man."

"Babe?" Betty asks.

"Coming babe." Ned smiles at us and then walks towards Betty.

I look at Gracee and she laughs at my shocked expression. MJ, Gracee and I head for the doors leading outside when a police dog sniffs my bag and I am led away.

"Peter-" Gracee starts.

"I'll be just a second, go ahead and go with MJ." I tell her. "MJ, don't let her do anything stupid."

MJ gives a thumbs up and Gracee looks at me, offended.

"Sorry." I put my hands up in defense.

I  walk towards a lady that looks very unhappy, and can't help but feel guilty as I sit my suitcase down on the table she is standing behind. I know there is nothing bad that she could find in there because I packed it, but I still wait in anticipation as she opens it.

"There's nothing in there, I swear." I say, probably making me sound even more guilty.

She opens it up and my eyes widen when I see my bright red suit with a note on top of it. My mouth drops open as I read it.

You almost forgot this!! -May

Shit, shit, shit. Maybe she will thank I do cosplay or something?

The lady looks up at me with no expression and I look back at the guard standing behind me before looking back to her.

She looks back down and grabs the banana, taking it. "These, no."