Chapter 1: the rebirth of Aaravos

First of all

I do not own any of the characters of The Dragon Prince.

Do not copy or repost my work.

The story is made by me... some events might not be correct because of a lack of information and because it's how I imagined things to be.

The story begins where season 3 ended!

"Bold": Aaravos talking
'Italic': Character thinking to themselves
"normal": anyone talking
(words): author note/information

The first chapter might be a bit boring, but it gets better (you and aaravos' background story >;] etc.)

Enjoy!

~Claudia POV~

"Your creepy caterpillar has been hanging in his cocoon for almost a week now, dad," said Claudia, "can't we just leave him? Why do we need him anyway? He's just a bug..."

"Silence Claudia! He's very important, we can't leave him. Now quit nagging and go get some more wood," Viren said irritated.

Claudia quietly left the hide-out, shocked by her dad's outburst.
'I don't understand why that stupid bug is so important to him.' Claudia thought to herself as she was picking up a few sticks.

'I miss Soren so much. I just don't understand how he could not have chosen dad's side. I just don't understand how he just abandoned his family.'
A tear rolled over Claudia's cheek.

With a bag full of wooden sticks Claudia entered the cave. She dropped the wood on the campfire.

As it was burning, the flames started to get bigger and bigger. By the time anyone had noticed the flames almost reached the height of the ceiling.
Suddenly the fire went out. Through the smoke, a silhouette of a person with horns appeared.

"Viren," they said in a deep soothing voice, "I am here at your service." The elf stepped over the extinguished fire. He looked Viren in the eyes, made a deep bow and an evil smirk appeared on his face.
"Good to see you in person Aaravos"

"Uhm dad, this is kinda freaking me out..." Claudia said while she was looking at the elf.

"Oh right, Claudia this is Aaravos, he is a startouch elf, Aaravos this is Claudia she is my daughter"

"Didn't you have a son too?" the elf asked in a questioning tone, "The funny guy with the sword, what was his name again?"

"Soren,"  Viren answered with a look of disappointment on his face.
Aaravos let out a chuckle recalling the young man.
"Oh yeah, I remember him, where is he now?"

"Well uhm, he went to the side of the enemy to honor his role as crown guard and protect king Ezran and so..." Claudia replied.

"Oh great," said the startouch elf, "the only funny guy has left."
"Heyyy! I can be funny too!" Claudia said as she pressed her finger against her nose and raspberries.

Aaravos' face showed a bored expression.

"Aw, c'mon that was funny. You people don't have any sense of humor."

"Anyways Viren, let's get down to business... I will help you take over Xadia and let humanity be the superior... as long as you help me with one thing first."

"What do you need help with?"

"A few centuries ago, before I got imprisoned by Avizandum (AKA Thunder), someone very dear to me was taken from me, Y/n"

"Let me guess, you want that we get her back," said Viren doubtful, "why should we?"

"Just like me, Y/n is a startouch elf. She would be a valuable asset, because let's be realistic; all of the world against the three of us. We might be very powerful, but we cannot win against all of them, but with Y/n we might have a chance to triumph!"

"Alright, where can we find her?" Viren asked still not entirely convinced.

A smile appeared on Aaravos' midnight blue face.
"Let's first get some rest, I'm pretty tired and the journey is long."

"Waittt, you want us to sleep... right now... in the morning?" Claudia asked.
"Yes"
"Why? It's best to travel by day, when the sun is out."

"Here is where you are mistaken human, I am a 'star'touch elf, and my powers are greatest at night, plus we won't come across any other travelers."

"Yeah for you maybe but for us-" "Claudia, enough!" Viren exclaimed with an irritated frown.

"Okay then," Claudia replied as she went to a corner to prepare her bed, "but my dad is still in no condition to travel, may I remind you that he fell off a mountain?"

Aaravos rolled his eyes and started chanting a spell: "Sanum corpus"

Suddenly Viren stood up. "It's amazing, you healed his body like it was nothing," screamed Claudia.

"That's because it is nothing, although I am yet not at my fullest potential, I remain a powerful mage."

"Now get some rest... it's a long journey."

~Your POV~

'Suddenly I felt a wave of power coming over me, it felt really familiar, Aaravos. He somehow found a way to escape the mirror or wait...
The power still feels held back. He probably used a medium to transform himself into a semi-realistic being, so his soul is still locked up in the mirror, but his mind is roaming free.

He was always the smartest out of us both. I wonder if he'll still remember me?'

I looked at my hands, the stars on my skin started to shine brighter. For the first time in centuries I had hope, hope that we could finally rule Xadia together, hope for a world without arrogant dragons and self-centered elves.

We didn't care about the humans, they were just puppets that used easy magic
They'd do anything to receive a fraction of our power.

Pathetic.

[Edited, if found grammatical errors please let me know :)]