Chapter 13: trapped

We had ridden our horses for a while now. The sun had already set. We were nearly at Elarion. There had been an unpleasant silence hanging in the air.

"Aaravos?" I said trying to break the ice.
He looked at me confused like 'Aaravos' wasn't his name.

"Uhm so... what exactly were we going to do after the split of Xadia?" I asked although I already knew what was gonna happen.

"We will conquer Xadia and the human lands. Take the elves and dragons down a peg." He said while a grin appeared on his face.

It made me blush and I quickly faced away. I nodded and let out a confirming sigh.

"Are you blushing?" He asked.
"Well... it's just the thought of you and me ruling side by side." I responded.

He let out a small chuckle, but then his face turned serious again.
"Y/n, this might be a little weird to hear but I never had feelings for no one and I'd want you to be my 'star in the night sky. Can I be yours too?"

My face turned a deep purple. I took a deep breath.
"Aaravos, I'll be your 'star' if you'll be mine."

He nodded. Joy and happiness filled my heart. At a faster pace, we rode further.

Sometime later we arrived at Elarion.
"It's go-time," I said.

We both went inside and with our magic, we collected all the villagers.
"Take your most valuable stuff and meet us back here, you all are ordered to cross the lava river to never return. The lands of Xadia will split." Aaravos commanded.

After a while all the houses were clear.
We made the humans form one big stream and guided them out of Elarion.

Finally, everything was done. Aaravos and I did a final check and found a couple more humans and drove them away.

At last, we went to his house and got a good night rest.

"Wake up," Aaravos nudged, "they know, we have to move."

I opened my eyes and sat straight on the bed. "What do they know?" I asked.
"They know about the dark magic and that I gave it to them."

'Shoot how could this have happened? Ziard must have ratted us out.'

We grabbed some stuff and ran outside. Suddenly we saw 3 stars descend to Xadia. Behind us, an army of sunfire elves came.
One of them spoke: "Aaravos, you have killed our queen and taken our primal, now we shall finally get our revenge."

'Aaravos what did you do?' I thought to myself knowing he was reading my mind.
'I needed their primal stone and long story short, their arrogant queen led me straight to her source, where I took it over and made her perish into the void.' The words echoed through my mind.

I shook my head and asked if he at least had it with him. He shook his head too.

"Guess we have to fight them by hand," I replied.
"Y/n, do you remember spell 196 of dark magic? The mirror one?"

I nodded but wondered if this would work. He looked at me.
"Trust me, love..."
"I do..."

I reached my hands out at the stars and started directing all their energy towards me. Aaravos gathered the power of the six arcanums. I teleported the cube in my hand and put it down.

All these individuals would be locked up forever, alone in a reflective object, this could be a mirror, lake, or even a window.

He grabbed my hand, I aimed at the sunfire elves, he aimed at the startouch elves.

~Aaravos POV~

I knew it could end badly for us, but it was the only way.

One of the elves said the following thing: "Aaravos, if you do this you will be known as a fallen star. There will be no place for you up there."

I looked at her and she bit her lip. I had to be strong and cold.
"So shall it be, Ghydeon!"

I gathered all my strength, but Ghydeon interrupted me again.
"Y/n, if you do this there is no going back, surrender and you will be forgiven."

"Don't listen to him!" I shouted,  "on three!"

'One...'
'C'mon Y/n you can do this', the words echoed in my mind.
'Two' I said in her mind.
'Three!'

I aimed my power, but a reflective shield, from a power I have never see before, made of the power from Sol Regem, became visible. Our spell reflected on us.
My body disappeared into a mirror engraved in elven language.

Her spirit got locked up in a lake, on the other side of Xadia.
'Te Amo" were the last things I heard.

Everything went black, for decades.
Finally, I woke up to realize I was all alone. Forever.
Not only did I lose her, but I lost my physical form, my dream, and my power.

After mourning for months, even years, I decided to start reading all the books in my library. I grew even more powerful.
Although I never forgot her...

~'Present'~

"Wow Aaravos, you have gone through so much!" Claudia exclaimed, "but who knew you were such a romantic."

I rolled my eyes unconsciously.

"Aaravos, Y/n sounds like a powerful mage, she shall be a good contribution to our team."

'These dumb humans, lucky for me I didn't tell them my motive behind helping them.' I thought to myself.

At last, we arrived at the Silver Groove.
The moment people saw me they screamed and ran away. A couple of warriors threw their pathetic spears at me. I easily blocked them and knocked them out.

"Where is the Step-Prince Callum?" I asked.
No one replied.
"Let me ask you this one, more, time... where is the Step-Prince Callum?"

"Here I am," a young male voice said, "what do you want from me?"

[Edited, finally caught up with the present]