Chapter 12: the split-plan

~your POV~

"What do you mean this will only help us? Ziard literally killed Sol Regem, the elves will want to kill all the humans!" I said not understanding anything.

Aaravos let out a little chuckle.
"Don't worry dear, Sol Regem is still alive. I must now go meet the Dragon Guard, and if the meeting is successful, Xadia will finally be able to be its best version!"

Aaravos planted a kiss on my forehead reassuring me everything will be alright.

He told me to bring the humans to a nearby human village and when I was done, I had to go to the meeting.

We split ways. He went to the lake Sol Regem fell in, and I went to the humans.

I released the shelter from existence and told the humans to follow me to a nearby village.

There weren't a lot of humans left. Aaravos said half Elarion followed him, but it's probably only a quarter.

Many children were crying. I'm not gonna lie, I didn't feel any empathy toward them.

We arrived at the village and I made sure everyone got a place to sleep.

I left and followed Aaravos's trail to the meeting. He said they might need help.

I decided to run to be there faster. On my way, I ran into Aaravos. We were almost at the lake.

"I'm glad you caught up with me. It's nice to have another startouch elf with me while attending a meeting."

I nodded and we walked at a fast pace further.

Most people were already there.

"Ah, Aaravos, how pleasant seeing you here after all these years," an elf said. He was an eartblood. The elf sounded very forced. I have the feeling none of these really like him.

"We need your help Aaravos, we cannot drain the lake, nor lift Sol Regem," a tidebound elf said.

"We must act quickly or he will drown!" A male moonshadow elf said. I knew him. He was the one who asked me to kill the human leader.

He recognized me and gave me a mean stare. I glared back at him and went to the position assigned.

"Everyone ready, on three!" Aaravos shouted.

I started getting ready.
"One..."
This is my moment to see what I can do.
"Two..."
We need to rescue Sol Regem in order for our plan to work.
"Thre- WAIT STOP." he shouted.

I quickly stopped my magic and was holding it.
From the sky, a dragon dived into the lake. It was Avizandum.

"New plan elves! Drain the lake where Avizandum dived in! On three."

Okay, new plan I can do this.
"One"
I started getting my power ready again.
"Two"
Use the stars.
"Three"

I aimed all my power at the water. So did Aaravos and the tide bound elves. The sun shadow elves tried to make the water evaporate, but the lake was too big.

'Concentrate, see the water rise before you'

~Aaravos POV~

The water was heavy, but nothing I couldn't handle. I saw Y/n from the other side of the lake. She was concentrating very hard.

Suddenly she started flying her eyes turned the colors of the rainbow, her hair became even lighter and was levitating. Suddenly the day turned into night. The stars shone for her only. I might be archmage of all arcanums, but this power I had never seen before.

She was becoming one with her surroundings. Not much later she was carrying the whole lake.

Avizandum crawled out of the pit carrying Sol Regem on his back.

Mud was all over them. When they crawled out she gently let the lake fill again. The animals are unharmed.

She descended again and her eyes became normal. The day was day once again.

She walked towards Sol Regem and Avizandum.

Sol Regem was blinded by Ziard.

"Why didn't you let me die, Avizandum." Sol Regem said.

"I will not let you die by a human." He answered.
"Moonshadow elves, take him with you," Avizandum commanded.

The moonshadow elves took Sol Regem with him.

"Now," the skydragon said, "we need to do something about those humans."

"We cannot kill them or balance will be gone in Xadia." A sunfire elf said.

"You make a good point..."

There was silence.

"What if we split Xadia?" I decided to say. Suddenly everyone looked at me.

"Who are you?" The dragon said.
"Uh- my name is Y/n, I'm a startouch elf."

'What are you doing!' Aaravos' voice said echoing through my mind.

Before I could reply in my thoughts Avizandum said: "What have you done that would make me trust you, an elf whom I have never heard of?"

That's it, I can no longer take this arrogance.

"Well perhaps, dear Avizandum, I just saved you and Sol Regem by lifting that entire lake, but no need to thank me or anything."

He looked very annoying, but suddenly he let his serious intimidation fall.

"Very well young one, what do you suggest?"

"Well I would use the lava river as a border, easy to defend, plus we can give them the unfertile side, and I'm sure the moonshadow elves wouldn't mind moving their location. A few of them can stay behind to protect the nexus." I explained.

Avizandum stayed frozen for a few minutes thinking. "I agree," were the words coming out of his mouth. It sent chills all over my skin.

'Well done!' Aaravos said telepathically.

"What are you all waiting for? Go to the human villages and make them cross the border."

"You two startouch elves, take the region of Elarion with the darkmage!
Sunfire elves find the one who blinded Sol Regem!"

"The rest of the elves, take the other non-magical creatures and make them cross the lava river," Avizandum commanded.

We all left and he flew away.

[Edited; in your opinion, what's the best TDP season?]