Chapter 15: blue to grey

~Your POV~

After Aaravos introduced me to his humans we decided to travel to Storm Spire.

Apparently, there was a new Dragon King. His name was Azymondias. His powers were great, greater than mine, but weaker than Aaravos'.

We were going to pay him a little visit. Perhaps drain his power and take over Xadia. I mean it's just an idea.

~

The trip went alright. The humans asked a lot of questions, especially the girl. I didn't answer all of them.

Aaravos informed me of what had happened in the past weeks and months. I told him I had pretty much mastered the star arcanum.

We also revised the plan.
We were going to sneak in, take the dragon, drain his energy, and well the rest is up for discussion.

I was just really happy to be outside that lake. I had missed the world so much.

~

We finally arrived at the Storm Spire. The night had fallen. We camouflaged ourselves. Aaravos drew a wind spell to allow us to breathe.

No one could climb it without it. The human called Viren was constantly whispering to Claudia. I couldn't hear what he was saying. I was too focused on climbing.

My feet trembled. My breathing was heavy. This climb wasn't easy at all.

When we finally reached the top I used a spell to make us invisible. I entered the cave. It was dark. The only light came from torches.

I walked further into the cave. I stumbled upon the Dragon Queen with her baby by her side.

Luckily they were asleep. As I was about to grab him a loud young voice echoed through the walls of the cave.

The Dragon Queen opened her eyes.
'****'

I quickly grabbed the dragon. He struggled back, a simple sleeping spell did the trick though.
'Did my invisible spell fail?'

'No, the cave just has a special type of enchantment that breaks any spell,' Aaravos said through telepathy.

'Couldn't have warned me earlier?'

I saw a boy standing next to a moonshadow elf. They both looked like they wanted to fight, unlike me.

I just ran past them. They looked at me with confusion.
Amateurs.

I saw the humans together with Aaravos. We ran to the top of the mountain.
The moon was at its highest.

I looked at Aaravos. He nodded in approvement.

I started casting a spell aiming all the stars at the dragon. Aaravos got out the Sunfire elf Queen's scepter.

I rolled my eyes. Show-off.

We continued our spell only to get interrupted again by the human lovebird.

"Let Zym go!" he shouted.

"Listen, kid, I haven't been locked up for centuries just to drop everything because a pathetic little boy asked it."

His eyebrows formed a big frown. The elf had joined his side.

"You can't win Callum, they're too strong, you've seen it yourself. Let it go or you'll get hurt," the human sorcerer informed.

Meanwhile, Aaravos was continuing the spell sucking out all power of the dragon. Both his hair and eyes glowed. Mine probably did too.

The elf and human kid were screaming things at the other humans on our side.
I didn't pay attention till I heard Aaravos' name drop.

A few moments later the other humans joined them. One of them started attacking us. Aaravos nodded in confirmation.

I formed a shield around us that only the stars would be able to pass through.
Suddenly the baby dragon fell to the ground. His blue color was grey. His eyes had no light in them.

He looked half dead. Well whatever, he would heal anyway.

"What now?" I asked while clearing the shield.
Aaravos put out his hand and I grabbed it. The power rushed through my vines.

I immediately understood what he meant. We locked eyes. His pearl-white eyes reached my soul.

Beams of light spread across Xadia causing everyone to lose their arcanum connection, except for us of course. It took a lot of power, but by the time we were done, no creature had a connection left.

The world was weak. The sky was colored red. It was finally happening.

The elf and humans had gathered around the dragon. His mother screamed from inside the cave. They looked with death stares at us and then quickly left for his mother.

~Callum POV~
Zym felt ice-cold. He was alive, but he hang by a thread.

Those elves did something, I tried to draw a rune, but nothing worked. I looked at Rayla. She looked back worried.

"Callum... I lost my connection... I lost it."
Tears ran down her cheeks. I grabbed her hand and gave her a determined look. We had to go to the Queen.

When we found her I told Viren and Claudia to wait outside. It was the best for all of us.

We placed Zym next to her in the hope that she could revive him. She cried out. A few moments later she stopped.

I ran up to Zym. His heartbeat was gone.

A deadly silence filled the room.

Suddenly I felt a lick against my face. I opened my eyes to see Zym awake.
'He's okay'

"Oh no those elves!" I realized they had probably left.

"Regina Draconis please tell us you still have your connection!" Rayla said almost begging.

She shook her mighty head.
"What do we do now," I mumbled.

"If you want to solve a problem, you must start by its roots... Aaravos and Y/n," the dragon Queen said.

"Who is Y/n?" Rayla asked.

"Exactly," she said, "no one remembers the Forgotten Elf..."

[Edited]