Chapter 18: A last passionate kiss

~Your POV~

"A-Aaravos I have to tell you something...", I said.

He has to know what my vision is about. He has to know that we could die.

"It's okay Y/n, I'm here. We once defeated them, so we can do it again."

Although his words were meant to be comforting, it did not reach me. Anxiety grew in tremendous amounts. I took his hands and looked him in the eyes. He planted a quick kiss on my forehead.

Suddenly a roar shook the earth and sky. One as mighty as Avizandum. We both turned around to see the small baby dragon in a golden cloud formed as one of his ancestors. Instead of his normal blue hue he had a golden aura.

There was no doubt possible. He made a connection with his ancestors. That's how he was able to regain his arcanum and restore the arcanums of the elves, etc.

Out of nothing Aaravos shot his most powerful long-distance combat spell. The dragon made the spell dissapear out of thin air and shot back an even powerfuller one.

"I-impossible...", I heard Aaravos whisper under his breath.

"Surrender now and we will not kill you!", a familiar voice said.
From behind the dragon a man with wings flew towards us. I recognized him immediately. Somehow prince Callum found a way to connect to an arcanum.

If this wasn't a life-threatening moment I would have researched the human entirely. Aaravos looked at him with as much disbelief as me.

"You can't win this fight. Give up, surrender, now!"

"Now that's quite demanding, mister step-prince, but just because we can't win doesn't mean we won't try.", Aaravos said.

"What are you doing! We have to escape, not fight.", I whisper-shouted at the handsome but idiotic man standing next to me.

"Trust me my love. Everything will be alright."

With those words he conjured a spell of unknown power. The mana present could form a black hole powerful enough to consume the entire earth.
A portal to the nightsky.

"Y/n, my love I cannot go up. You can, because you are still pure. I have done many things I regret, but loving you wasn't one. I love you Y/n. Till we meet again."

"No Aaravos! I can't leave you. Now that I know you I cannot let you go. I may sound egoistic, but can't I be for once in my life?"

Tears were flooding down my face. I will not leave this man. We are devoted to eachother.

"I'll stay by you till death tears us appart! There has to be a way.", I sounded desperate but who wouldn't be right now. About to lose the one thing you care about. Like a child losing their favorite toy. Like a mother seeing her child die. Like a wife losing her husband.

Suddenly his eyes had a little sparkle in them.

"I have an idea. You go first and hold open the portal on the otherside while I pass through."

"That could work I guess. Whatever needs to be done so we can be togheter."

I hesitated. I looked him a last time in the eyes.

"Till the otherside love. I'll be waiting for you."

A last passionate kiss was made.

"Goodbye, I will always love you. Don't forget me amor."

With those words he sends me of to the nightsky.

I looked over my shoulder to the crying handsome man who I could call mine. The though gave me strength. I stepped through the portal and looked down to hold it open the portal.

"I'm sorry Amor. I will always love you. Till death reunites us."

"Wait! No Aaravos! Hold open, don't let go."

"Te amo."

The portal dissapeared togheter with him. His words still echoing through my mind. The void swallowed me whole. My body transforming into a star. My memory being its core.
My lonely, heartbroken soul would now be reincarnated.

~Memory~

"A soul's mate crosses the bounds and strings if the universe. They go through parallels just to find eachother. Be my soulmate Y/n"

"I would love to."

~~

"I will find you Aaravos. We will be united at all cost. Even if I have to give up my wisdom, health or memories."

"Te amo"