Chapter 5: a new kind of magic part I

"Excuse me, are you talking about... a new kind of magic?"

Aaravos walked towards me. He looked very happy. The stars on his skin shone brighter than before.

"I think I haven't thanked you properly, have I?" He asked in a sincere tone.
"Uhm... well no..."
"Thank you, Y/n."

A friendly smile crossed his face. My heart started beating faster and I felt a warm feeling coming from inside me.

'What is this feeling and why does my name sound so... different when he speaks it?' I thought to myself. I quickly shook off the feeling.

"So let me get this straight, you just made a new type of primal magic?"
"Well I haven't worked it out yet, but you can see it that way."

Out of curiosity, I asked him why he was doing this.

The elf was silent for a while

"Why would I bother telling you? You can't even break out of my barrier spell."

I thought about that for a while trying to come up with a good come-back, but no luck so I said what he probably wanted to hear. "I can help you... we both have a different point of view if we combine our visions perhaps we can work it out."

"Perhaps... but for now get some rest, the moon has already risen very high."

I let out a sigh and bid him goodnight.

~Aaravos POV~

'I won't lie, Y/n is very smart, but I don't know if we can work together.
Like Henyos, my master, always said, "You're more of a solo-person Aaravos"
I miss him.'

As I prepared myself for bed I can't stop thinking about Y/n who was now probably laying on the dusty ground.

'Why am I feeling pity for her? Is it because she's a startouch elf too?
I mean even though she hasn't answered the question, it's pretty obvious.'

I sighed about the thing I was going to do.
I walked up to the room, as I expected she was laying on the floor sleeping like there was no such thing as waking up.

I looked down at her. 'She looks so pure,' I thought.

Then I broke the barrier quietly and picked her up. She was as light as a feather. Her long platanium white hair fell over my arms. Around her head, she had 2 little braids that came together at the back. It looked like a crown.

Her skin was darker than mine, almost as dark as the night. Just like me, she had little stars spread over her body.
There was a little smile on her lips. I guess she was having a nice dream.

As I was carrying her I saw her burned hand. 'It must have been from the barrier I set up'.

Suddenly I felt guilt come over me.

I decided to heal her hand, hoping she wouldn't ask any questions about it later.

I walked up to my room and gently put her in my bed, I placed a barrier around it, 'Better safe than sorry right? I can't have her escape and tell Sol Regem everything.'

I walked to the living room and tried to make myself comfortable on the sofa.
It was very tiny compared to my body, but it would do.

I struggled to fall asleep. I was worried. 'What if I make a fatal mistake? Or worse what if the new kind of magic... doesn't work. Then all I have done the past century would have been for nothing.' I couldn't stop overthinking.

Eventually, my thoughts exhausted me so much that I fell asleep.

~Your POV~

I woke up in a strange bed. The sun had already risen. I performed a spell that revealed the barrier. 'Just as I expected...'
I took a deep breath and: "AARAVOS LET ME OUT YOU... YOU..."
My yelling was interrupted by the elf. He had a friendly smile on his face.

"Good morning I see you're awake. Did you have a good rest, we have a heavy day ahead of us."
I was confused for a second, then I realized he wanted my help and had accepted my offer.

"Alright, but one thing Mr. Sparkly-Smarty-Pants, how would I be able to help you, if I'm stuck here?"

"I've already thought about that," he said sounding proud that he already thought about it.

He stepped towards me, and broke the barrier. He now was so close to me that I could hear his breathing.

"Put out hands in front of you," he demanded.
I did as I was told. He made a big silveren thread. The elf started to bind my hands together. My heart was beating like crazy. I hoped he couldn't hear it.

"Don't worry," he said, "it won't hurt you, at least if you stay around me. But if you try to escape then..."

He didn't need to explain. I knew exactly what he did. At last he cut the thread which was fully bound around my hands and legs.

I looked up at him. He had a playful smile on his face.

"So care to catch me up on your 'new magic source'?"
"Follow me."

I walked behind him as we went to the other side of the house. Although there were a lot of books on the ground, you could see Aaravos was a very structured elf. The bookshelves were so high they touched the ceiling.

We entered the room in which we had been before. The books were still open on the same pages.

"So what do you want to know?"

"Uhm..." I thought for a second, "I don't know, perhaps maybe... what this new source is." I said sarcastically.

He chuckled.

"Alright. This, what you're looking at, is the basis for what is going to be a new magic source. It is going to be something both humans and elves can use. So far I haven't worked out all the details, but because of you... it will all fit in nicely."

"Why are you doing all of this?"

"Xadia is ruled by egoistic and arrogant dragons, they do not care about anyone, but their own.
Then there are elves, most elves are very arrogant and think of themselves as superior.
They find the humans... inferior because the primal sources didn't grant them any power."

I knew what Aaravos was saying is true, but what would any of the new magic do against that?

I asked him.

He answered me with a serious face. "What we need is a split, between humans, dragons elves, and all other creatures. The illusion of living together in harmony is unrealistic," he continued, "We are not equal to each other, but neither is one inferior.
We have to live divided and when that has happened, someone must conquer them and make sure no wars break out that would disturb the division."

I was shocked. I never had looked at it in that way, I mean I'm not saying he was wrong, quite the opposite, I felt like I agreed with him, although making his ideal Xadia was going to take a lot, it didn't seem impossible.

"I have one question though," I asked, "How would the new magic help in this"

A smirk appeared on his face.

"Well, my dear Y/n..."

-

[Edited and go drink some water you dehydrated being]