Chapter 16: we did it!

~Callum POV~

"Y/n is a very powerful elf, one of the most powerful. Master of the star arcanum. She lifts cursed like it's a feather. Her magic is beyond understanding. Her stargift remains a secret. Aaravos' stargift on the other hand was learning all arcanums. Now that the two of them are togheter and we don't have our connections anymore, there is no stopping them."

I looked over to see Claudia and Viren at the entrance of the cave. They told us they didn't know of their actual plan and that they just wanted to see humanity flourish.

Meanwhile thick thunder clouds had gathered in the sky. The sun completely blocked out by them. A strong breeze was picked up.

Suddenly Zym ran outside. We tried calling him back, but he kept running. Me and Rayla followed him closely. He ran to the top of the mountain.

"Zym! Come back here!", I shouted through the howling wind.

Zym just whined at the wind swirling around his tiny body.
Thunder started roaring. His scaly skin was still darker than usual.

That's when it happened.

A lightning struck Zym. The poor dragon couldn't escape.

Both me and Rayla ran towards him. We picked him up. Luckily he was still breathing. He blowed air out of his nose and little lightnings came with it.

"Omg Zym you scared us so much!", Rayla said.

I nodded in confirmation and Zym started licking both our faces. I noticed that the grayish tone had faded. I looked at Rayla to see if she also noticed.

We exchanged a look and to our suprise Zym shot out a lightning.

"Zym", Rayla questioned, "did you just shoot lightning?"

Again the dragon shot lightning.
"The thunderstorm helped him reconnect!", I shouted out aloud.

"I think he regained it by facing it! Of course! Follow me Rayla, I have a plan."

~Aaravos POV~
The power we had took away everyone's arcanum. There was no possible way they could regain it. I'm sure of it.

The next step in our plan was to conquer the Xadia and then the human lands.

First I would conquer the West than the South. The North and East would be overwon by Y/n.

We split ways, but gave eachother a promise to return in 2 days. As we split ways I saw the tears in her eyes rise up. I felt sad, affraid to lose her again.

But I had to look forward. To make sure there was a future for this land. I desire to rule Xadia. I will rule the world.

~time skip~

The West as expected fell right before me. Everyone was still confused why their arcanum didn't work. The pathetic Moonelves fled like ants.

I laughed at their pathetic faces. They begged for mercy. I had missed this feeling. The feeling of power. I wondered if everything went this smooth at the East.

~Your POV~
SINCE WHEN ARE FOREST ELVES SO ANNOYING.

These people kept throwing stuff at me. Gosh it was annoying. I knocked them off like they were flies.

"Listen up, the Dragon Prince is dead."
Gasps filled the air and children started cying.
"Me and Aaravos will now rule blah blah blah", I said bored, "any people that care to resist?"

Some people came forward. Eventhough
their arcanum was gone, their courage stayed.

I 'removed' the tiny rebels and soon everyone was bowing I rolled my eyes and continued my journey to the tidebound elves.

Before I knew I had reached the Tidebound Archipelago. I used a spell to give myself some fins and allow myself to breath underwater. I knew I had a disadvantage. As much as I hate to admit it, I can't swim properly.

We startouch elves weren't meant to swim. We were meant to be high in the mountains, closer to the starts and high above the clouds blocking the view.

I didn't like water, especially diving because I got further away and felt weaker. Anyhow I still dived in. The cold water drenched my clothes.

My body felt lighter. I breathed slowly to see if the spell worked, it did. With my new fins I swam towards an underwater city.

As I reached the town I saw people look at me. I asked a random person where the castle was. They pointed me in the right direction.

I swam towards it. I opened the giant doors and a huge hall was revealed. At the end of the wall there was a woman with a crown sitting on the throne. A trident was in her hand.

Her eyes met mine. Fear arose in her face.
"Guards!", she shouted, "get her!"
A couple of guards came towards me. I quickly shook them of.

The Queen swam towards me at high speed and was summoning some kind of spell. Suddenly a dragon emerged from the water.

It was coming for me. I casted a spell making it go behind me.
'Finally, a real fight'

I stared shooting at them and they fired back. I easily dogged all of their aim. But they took a good few hits.

In the meantime I was fighting the Queen. At last she layed down defeated. I took her trident and threw it at the dragon. It hit the creature in the heart and the dragon sank to the bottom.

I took the scepter back and told the remaining guards to gather the entire city. They did as told and not much later I was standing infront of a giant croud.

"Peasants, your Queen is defeated. I will now rule your kingdom. You will all be loyal to me, Y/n and Aaravos. Remember our names.", I said looking into their eyes.

"We have no intention of killing you, unless you decide to rebel. As you might have noticed, no one has their arcanum connection anymore which means: none of you are special now. You're just as average as humans.", I couldn't help grinning while saying those words.

We had really done it. We had almost succeeded. Or at least I thought we had.

~In your vision for the future~
Aaravos is grabbing your hand. You both are at the star nexus. Everybody surrounded you.

Aaravos looked you in the eye, tears streaming down.
"Goodbye, I will always love you. Don't forget me amor."

With those words he sends me of to the nightsky.

~Present~
'What the?'
The croud must have seen my eyes glow because they were whispering uncontrollable to eachother.

"Enough!", I screamed, "you now fall under my rule! Any rebels will be removed. Continue your work as normal. Dismissed!"

The croud all fled and ran to their work or houses.
I left the stage and went to the surface. My clothes were soaked as was my hair. I hated this.

From the far I saw a person come towards me. As soon as I recognized the person I ran towards them. I jumped in their arms.

"It's done Y/n!", Aaravos cried out loud, "we will rule togheter! We will rule all of Xadia!"

He looked so happy, I didn't want to tell him about my vision. I oppressed the thought and focused on the present.
Enjoy it while it lasts...