Chapter 9: a life for a lie

~your POV~

"Perhaps it's time I need to know what?" I asked questioning myself if this man had been keeping the truth from me.

He took a deep breath and started telling me the full truth.

"Long ago, before your day of birth... I was supposed to go to the nightsky because I had lost control of my powers.
When the other elves forced me to do so, I ran away.

Half a century later you were born... I had accepted my destiny, but when I arrived you were already born.

Henyos had sacrificd himself for you... he was supposed to teach you everything I taught you, but he went up in my place.

When I saw Traison, an elf I had always detested, I lost control and... killed him.

I had now not only have the blood on my hands for the deaths in the Silver Grove, but also for an elf of my own kind.

The other elves layed a curse on me that I would never be able to go to the night sky and when I died, I'd simply vanish.

They also made a warning that if I ever would do something terrible again, they'd give me something worse than death."

I was shocked, but I knew that he was telling the truth.

"I understand where you're coming from Aaravos and I know if you had the chance to change things you would.
Deep down you're a good man."

~Aaravos POV~

"Thank you, you have no idea how much that means to me."

I couldn't resist these feelings anymore so I just said: "Can I kiss you?"

I mentally smacked myself in the face.

Her face got purple and she started stuttering: "Uh y-yeah."

That's all I need to hear.

~your POV~

Aaravos lips touched mine. They were as cold as ice, but I didn't mind. I positioned my hand behind his head. His white hair was soft as a baby pearl fox. He placed his hand on my thigh.

His touched felt like electricity going through my body.

Suddenly he pulled away. At first I was hurt by his actions, but then I noticed his body was starting to freeze, I knew I had to do something.

I looked around trying to find something. Nothing... then I saw the reflection of the stars in his eyes.

'I have to make the connection.'

I turned to the sky and stood still. I thought about all the things he said.

But the only thing coming to mind was he himself, the stars I saw through the telescope, the Viae Lactae, that we saw together last night.

I had to resist them and solitary focus on the stars.

'Don't resist it,' I heard his voice echo in my head, 'everyone has a different meaning of life and why to live, what's yours...'

His voice was fading. I knew it was now or never
I stopped resisting it. These past days were months to us Star Touch elves and I had loved every single minute of it.

The creepy sexy voice when I entered. How we discussed everything, the nights looking at the stars.

Then I felt it. In front of me there was myself. I looked like a deity. My eyes were glowing and white. My hair was floating and glowing too.

I had comprehended the star arcanum.
Suddenly I knew what to do.

The reflection of myself walked towards me and we fused together

I drew a rune and said the activation word.
Soon Aaravos curse was lifted.

I ran up to him and hugged the still cold giant.

"Thank you, without you I could've never done it."

"Also..." I hesistated, "the stars told me I had one wish."

"What did you wish for?" he asked curious.

"This..."
I let the something appear in my hand.

"Is this... the power source?"
I nodded.
He started hugging me tighter than before.

"You did all this for me?"

Yeah, I pushed the cube in his hands.

A tear fell from his eye. "Why do you have to make this so hard he whispered." He whispered.

"Huh, what's wrong?"
"I'm so sorry Y/n, I'm sorry that I dragged you into this mess..." he sounded very depressed.

"It's okay I will always be there for you. No matter what."

"That's the problem Y/n, I can't love anyone because of the danger I'll bring them in... I'm terrible sorry."

I felt my heart shatter.

~Aaravos POV~

Having to do this broke me, but it was the only option. I never saw myself like someone.

"Go ahead leave me, just like everyone else did." She shouted at me.

Tears fell from her eyes. She looked up and her sclera was red, red from anger, fear, red from the blood that was spilled, red from the broken heart.

I decided to do it quickly and started walking down the mountain in a fast pace.

Why did it have to be like this. I finally like someone, but love isn't a thing I can have.

We startouch elves weren't meant to love anyway.

I looked around one last time and saw
Y/n down at her knees.

The image of her shouting still haunted me.

Did I make the right decision...?

[Edited
Note to self: learn how to ******* spell]