15: Two paths

1980:56:07

1980 hours left. 56 minutes. 7 seconds.

3 months left.

You begin to realize that humans on Earth are less intelligent than you give them credit for.

After all, the mother of Woobin, a rich successful lady (or so it seems) was one brave lady to stomp up to you, complaining about how you dropped kicked her son and sent him to jail, when she should be the one apologizing for her son shooting you on a gun, an injury you have yet to recover from.

"I have the best lawyers on my side, young lady, and I will make sure you lose everything dear to you. Wait 'til Mr. Kim hears about this."

Everyone in the building expects you to be frightened but you aren't a bit fazed by her threats.

"Go on," you shrug lightheartedly, "I have nothing to lose, old lady." They all stare in shock at your nonchalant tone and rude manner and it makes the woman even more irritated but you don't really care.

"The only thing you should try to take away is my dignity but, my dear, that is something no one has ever done so in my entire life. You say you have the best lawyers but we all know there are no best lawyers on this planet. There are only good lawyers and lawyers who are paid tremendously in order to help the guilty plead innocent in front of the judge. But rather than worrying about money and status, I advise you to worry more about your pride that is gradually slipping away because what you should be doing is not putting the blame on me, but scolding your son for having the audacity to point a gun at the girlfriend of these lovely seven gentlemen who owns this exact building."

As if on cue, once the lady looks up, her face is sent in a frightful fear as those same seven men comes walking into the scene.

"I was simply doing my job as a bodyguard to protect Miss Miran, ma'am."

"What's going on?" Namjoon asks and she cowers in fear for a second before sending a glare your way.

"Your employee here disrespected me," she spits, suddenly putting herself as the victim instead. "This girl has no manners to her elders, I suggest you fire her right away."

You roll your eyes mentally.

"Thank you for your consideration, ma'am, but our business is doing just fine without your suggestions." You want to laugh at Seokjin's remark and the way the woman's mouth gapes. "In fact, our security has been doing much better since we've hired her."

"And besides," Jungkook adds, "we do not tolerate anyone who puts risks on anyone's life in danger, especially our employees. Money and status holds no regards to us, justice will do its job and make up for the lack of good leadership in this society."

In the end, she's left astounded and stomps away with the heels of her shoes crackling like firecrackers.

"And you," they turn to you and you're quick to bow in apology, thinking they will scold you for the words you expressed. "For someone who hides her face, you sure do speak your mind, don't you?"

"I'm sorry," you squeak at Taehyung's words

"You really aren't afraid of death, huh?"

You thought that creating a new relationship with them would be difficult, that it wouldn't be easy especially for someone like Yoongi who is reserved and only trusts people who are close to him. But when you hear his lighthearted reply, his soft chuckle, and the way he ruffles your hair before leaving and the others follows, you're left standing even more astonished than the woman that thought she could have her way with you.