Epilogue .05

"Joon!"

The God of the Underworld laughs as you lung towards him and he's quick to pick you up, spinning you around while you giggle. "Someone is bright today," he comments as he sets you down.

"I met Kai again!" You exclaim. "Well, I guess that statement isn't correct because I've been talking to him but haven't realized because Lord Jimin decided not to tell me anything. Oh! And the Underworld flowers have bloomed today, you have to see how pretty they—"

"I'm a little busy at the moment, little one," he says as he pulls you back from trying to drag him away. You pout a little and he chuckles. "You know I will entertain you if I could but right now is not a good time."

"You're always so busy," you sigh. "Then can I follow you around today? I will not bother you, I promise I will keep silent for you."

Namjoon knows you aren't one who likes to keep silent but he guesses with you around, you will make things a little easier to go about his days doing his duties. "Alright," he decides and you cheer happily.

You've followed Namjoon around before, back when you were a shield. He does his own things while you trail along, wandering about and talking to yourself to not stay bored and be entertained. It is enough just staying beside your God because he is the busiest of you all, not getting much time off unless it is time to eat or sleep so you find yourself missing him a lot.

It is when Hermes, the messenger God comes to report to Namjoon the daily messages from the world outside of the Underworld, does your attention perk up.

"Zeus orders for the God's presence at Olympus in three days for the traditional ceremony as a new shield has been chosen."

You gasp. "Whose?"

"Poseidon and Ares, Lady Y/N."

"What?" You blink. "But they already have shields."

"Ares's shield is being replace and Poseidon's previous shield has been lost at a battle during the time you spent your lives in the mortal realm, my lady." He tells you and bows with respect before leaving because he is a busy God who cannot take the time to chat as much as he wants.

"Whoa." You remember the shield, the same one that sent his blade right into your skin on the day you quarreled with your sister. It was not a good day but you have to say that Poseidon's shield was a great opponent to fight with. "He was a warlock, was he not?"

"Even warlocks can lose a life, dear one," Namjoon says as he begins to walk away towards his next destination and you follow.

"Oh but Hermes mentioned Ares too. I thought shields could only be replaced if death takes toll on them."

"Ares is quite picky with his shield."

You make a face at that. "He once asked me to be his shield."

Namjoon freezes for a moment before continuing on the path but he walks closer to you, taking your hand in his hold. "I assume you told him no."

"Of course, my Lord," you grin assuringly and he nods, satisfied. "But his shield wasn't a bad fighter."

"Maybe not but anyone can lose a shield if they wish. Either for the reason of them not being worthy enough or," he turns to look at you, a small smirk displaying on his face, "she is made his Queen."

You giggle at his subtle flirting ways. "So...we are heading to this ceremony, yes?" The playful smirk leaves his face as it's replaced with a frown. "Zeus may be your brother but he is still the high God who rules over us all."

"Yes, I..-" He grunts with frustration. "Those damn Water and War Gods. Why choose now to decide on a shield?"

The others do not respond well to the message they get once supper arrives and everyone is in the same room. But who can blame them? It hasn't been that long since you've all reunited in the Underworld and Zeus was already calling for some type of celebration that requires the meeting of all the Gods and Goddesses of Olympus.