24: Jealousy, jealousy

870:34:23

870 hours left. 34 minutes. 23 seconds.

2 months left.

The fun times with them lasts too soon and you find yourself at the airport, mentally rolling your eyes at the sight of Miran who only goes to check up on them, worrying even though you were the reason their flight was held back. She could at least pretend to care but you guess that's better than being fake.

It's Kai that shows genuine care of course.

The second the little boy caught sight of you, he's quick to run away from his ride and collides straight into your arms. You let out a great "oomph" but don't try to shake him off because you miss him too and you know he's worried.

It's Namjoon that gets distracted from Miran to tell the little boy. "Kai, Y/N's still hurting."

"Oh!" Kai realizes just as quickly and backs away immediately, face filled with guilt and concern. "Sorry noona."

You're thankful for Namjoon's attention and laugh it off. "You know more than anyone that I'm stronger than I look," you wink at the little boy and he nods rapidly.

"Still though, you have to tell me when you're hurting," he pouts.

You smile as you hold out your pinky. "I promise," you say and he links his pinky with yours.

The sight is something that makes the boys smile and Miran notices, causing her brows to furrow with jealousy. "You'll be getting a temporary bodyguard then, won't you? Since Miss Y/N isn't capable of protecting."

Says who?

You want to make an annoyed face but you know you can't in front of her so you hide it only to show Kai who hides his giggles against his hand.

"No, Y/N will still be by our sides," Yoongi confirms and her lips forms into a pout.

"But she needs to heal properly, won't she? You shouldn't make her work when she has a medical excuse."

Why is she suddenly acting as if she cares about you?

"Even so, Y/N insists and she's too stubborn to convince otherwise."

"But—"

"It's fine, there's no trouble." Taehyung waves it off naturally and begins to walk off. "We have to get back, we're already behind schedule."

Secretly, you love the way they dismiss her concerns so easily and Kai catches your smile with a narrowed gaze but you give him a look to tell him off.

"Come on, wanna get on?" You roll your eyes playfully and it doesn't take long for him to climb into your lap.

You're about to start pushing yourself when Jungkook comes up behind you to start pushing the wheelchair himself and again, your heart flutters especially with the fact that he's doing it right in front of Miran who keeps her jealousy silent.

.

.

.

"I don't like her around you guys."

You stop yourself before pushing open the door to Namjoon's office, frowning at the sound of Miran's voice and already knowing she's speaking about you.

"I don't like it. Can't you do something about it? Get another bodyguard perhaps?"

You can hear a sigh escaping out of Namjoon and you hold your breath, wanting to hear what he has to say to her request. Perhaps he will get another bodyguard. If he really did love her, he will do anything to make her feel at least a bit safer and less insecure.

"Y/N's the best bodyguard, Miran," he says. "She's strong and not afraid of anything."

He's trying to reason with her. Makes sense.

"But I don't like her always being around you, she makes me feel inferior."

You roll your eyes.

"Has Y/N done anything to you to make you feel that way?" Hoseok asks a little cautiously and she stammers.

"Well, n-no but, it's just the way she acts and behaves. She's too brave and strong, it makes me feel bad about myself."

Wow. Kai was right, Miran really does think about herself before others.

Here are her seven boyfriends who's done nothing to show their disloyalties and hired you because of the need of not only their protection but hers as well, and here she is, speaking up because she can't hide the fact that she's, in other words, afraid that you're better than her.

"Miran, no one can make you feel inferior unless you let them," Yoongi tells her. "Y/N is stronger than anyone else. She lets nothing fear her from jumping into action in order to protect someone else. She may be a little too hyped for a bodyguard but there's nothing wrong with that, she still does her job thoroughly and efficiently. We don't want to lose someone like Y/N."

You wonder why they don't try to make her feel better and instead talk about your good qualities but you're happy. So, so happy you forget the fact that if someone truly loved someone, they will go out of their ways to make the sad ones happy again, not fuel more of their insecurities.