Epilogue .04

"I hear Dionysus is having a party tonight and that we are invited."

Jungkook rolls his eyes as he swings his sword in the air before letting it smash against yours. "Dionysus has a party every week, it shouldn't surprise you. And besides," you advance for his abdomen but he's quick to forge your sword back away, "it has only been three days since we've banished you from leaving this world. You aren't leaving anytime soon."

"Okay fine, I wasn't even interested in the party—oof," his leg comes swinging your way and you're quick to sway your body back to avoid it, "-anyways."

"Then what is it?"

"I want to see the world," you say, twirling around and forgetting about the swordfight for a moment, forcing Jungkook to withdraw his sword. "I want to ride a chariot, a pegasus, touch the clouds with my bare hands," you glide up against his back, hugging him there where it makes him vulnerable to you, "with you guys."

Jungkook remembers those little moments he had with you, up on the rooftop of the skyscraper, looking down at the world as if you both owned the world. He remembers you against his back, propping your chin against his shoulder and speaking of your dreams and wishes, hoping that one day, if you were to ever become a Goddess, you can do those things you wish to do.

But he sighs as he holds your hand to release it from him. "As tempting as that sounds-"

"I know," you nod, letting him go but Jungkook still holds your hands as he turns around, not wanting you to leave and grow upset.

"We can see it the second we feel alright to let you venture out again," he promises with a squeeze, hoping you aren't too upset.

But of course, you have a smile on your face, one that hides your disappointment. "I know."

Jungkook sighs again, not ready to let you go just yet because you're still a little upset so he wraps his arms around you. "I love you," he says and you laugh.

"I know," you tell him again and he holds you tighter.

"Don't be too upset."

"I'm not."

"You can never hide your emotions well in front of your Lords, Y/N."

"Well, it isn't as if we can do much about it."

"I promise we'll make it up to you."

You nod as you lean up to press a kiss against his jawline. "I know," you smile at him, "you always make it better. I think seeing the world is incredible but if I had to choose between that and staying here with you forever, I will always choose the path to remain by your sides."

"You sure you won't grow tired of us?"

You laugh. "I went through the reincarnation trial not for nothing, my Lord," you remind him again and again. "I do not believe our love will ever falter ever again."

"It sure won't."

The two of you turn around at the new voice and Hoseok stands walking your way with a smile on his face.

"My Lord," you beam.

"My loves," he greets with two sweet kisses for both you and Jungkook. "Come now, supper awaits."

.

.

.

You have a sweet dream that makes you yearn for more, that makes you wish you can still live in that dream because it is a dream you know you can never live in.

So when you wake up, there are a few tears that escape your eyes and you wipe them away, feeling a little empty. Hoseok sits just a few inches away, on the edge of the bed as he puts his shoes on, ready to start the morning off while everyone else were already gone.