IV - Moment

After the embarrassing teasing, I got started with the things I needed to pack for the Bakugos. Mitsuki already took away the stuff she'll throw away; most of what's left are photo albums, framed pictures, and various awards she and her husband received throughout the years.

Carefully, I wrapped the awards with bubble wrap and stowed them away in the box Mitsuki gave me. I have heard of their names before, after all, they were big names in the fashion industry but I haven't had the money to buy any of their designs - most of their work is really expensive.

"Uh, my mom told me to bring this to you." Dynamight entered the room with a packaging tape in hand. He disappeared earlier to pack his own stuff from his childhood bedroom after getting teased endlessly by his mother and his Junior High School teacher.

"Thanks." I took the roll of tape from him and put it on the shelf, hoping I remember when I finish.

He stood awkwardly. Does he want to say something else? I can feel him shifting beside me. I was quiet, wanting to give him space. Dynamight was known for being reclusive so I didn't want to pry even though we already had a few interactions.

I turned my attention to his graduation photo, that's when he decided to speak.

"That's still here, huh?" I offered the photo to him and he held it in his hands. Dynamight scoffed, "Why is she even taking this with her?" He put it in the box for me.

"Aren't you moving here when they leave?" I asked, hoping he doesn't think I'm prying. Although I wasn't very sociable, I did want to end the awkward air between us.

He shook his head, "I have my own place. It's much closer to the agency." We sunk into silence, the only sound in the room was the stacking of photos in the box. Dynamight worked quickly. He was taller than me and could reach the higher shelves faster than I could so I opted for the lower ones. "Did you...um...enjoy the noodles?" He said after a while.

I pressed my lips and held back a laugh. Was this an attempt to small talk?

"What?" He grumbled, noticing it.

"Nothing." I grinned. He was already frowning and I let out a chuckle before answering him, "I did. Did you enjoy yours?" I remember he took the other flavor which was less spicy than what I bought that night.

Dynamight shrugged, crouching and taking the tape to secure the box. "I guess."

"Do you prefer the other one?"

He nodded and glanced up at me from his position on the floor, "I do but can't be too greedy. You looked like you haven't eaten anything." There was that familiar teasing grin on his face again, it gave me butterflies this time.

Was he always this hot?

"Well, I did forget to eat. I don't have much in my apartment so I like going out to buy noodles for my meals."

Dynamight grimaced at my answer. "You eat trash every day?"

"Hey, I can remember you wanting to buy that trash!" I rolled my eyes, defending my dietary choices.

He scoffed, still looking disgusted. "I don't eat that every day. You do. There's a difference. I probably should not have given that to you then." Dynamight lifted himself from the floor and took the box of photos and trophies with him. "How do you work with those choices?"

Was he really insulting my diet?

He was!

I felt his eyes on me, "You need to set a better example for your students, Ms. L/N." He then smirked again, "Maybe that's why your memory is so damn poor."

"You're not going to let me live that down, are you?" I complained. Honestly, it was embarrassing not to recognize the top two Pro Hero. "I did recognize you!"

It was his turn to laugh, "Sure. Okay. You recognized me."

Yes, he was attractive but he was annoying too.

"I think we can get started on the books." He ended the conversation by gesturing to the other shelf, containing rows of books of various topics and themes. I nodded and took one of the empty boxes so I can start packing.

He left the room, carrying the box with him.

The Bakugos had a lot of encyclopedias. You know, the black leather hardbound ones. I haven't seen many of these since these were quite old, only having access in the school library. Even then, I don't use them too much because acquiring answers from the internet is much faster. I like though, mostly because older books smell crazy good.

I took one from the shelf, opened its yellowing pages, and sniffed the paper. It was reminiscent, reminding me of the books I used to read when I was young. I don't read for fun these days, usually, because I already read textbooks to prepare for my classes and because I end up sleeping when I arrive home.

"I do that too." I jumped at the voice. Dynamight stood beside me again, taking an encyclopedia and sniffing its pages. "Smells like school and assignments."

"No, it smells like adventures and dreams." I sniffed the book I was holding again.

Our eyes met and we closed the books immediately, looking like absolute maniacs sniffing books together. I took the book from him and put both in the box before clearing my throat, "So um..."

"We can have snacks after this." He piled books in his strong arms - were his muscles really that... "My dad brought home cake. You like cake, don't you?" Dynamight's red irises turned to me, waiting for my answer.

"Yes. I like cake." 

No, I don't really like sweets but...

I was too embarrassed to say no, especially since I was distracted by his biceps.