XVI - Epilogue

knock, knock

The routine two knocks came at 6PM, not 5:45 nor 6:01PM, but exactly 6PM. I rolled my eyes, but was already expecting this. I already was half-way through my work so I needed the distraction.

I opened the door, seeing Dynamight's face and the groceries he had in his arms. He had an irritated look on his face as I blocked the doorway. "I know that this is my apartment, why are you blocking my damn door?"

I laughed and stepped away, "Sorry, your Highness." Then I closed the door as he stepped in, I followed him towards the kitchen where he started putting away the groceries. "I can do that. You go ahead and change, you smell like dust and rubble."

"I was saving people." He rolled his eyes at me, "And I came home the same way yesterday, you didn't seem to have complaints."

"Yes, but you were carrying flowers then. They masked your scent." I leaned on the counter, glancing over at the island counter that was decorated with a vase of the big bouquet of sunflowers and red roses that he gave me.

"If you're just going to insult me and not help, leave." Katsuki didn't even glance at me as he continued what he was doing. I can see he got vegetables, fruits, snacks (that I loved which he finally consented to getting), and various other frozen food that we need for the week. "I have beef today. I'll cook curry tonight, you good with that?"

He loved curry. I do too, especially if he was the one that made it.

"Oh yes! I want curry!" I brightened up as I lifted myself from the counter and started preparing the things he'll need.

"What are you doing? I got it. Go do your work." Katsuki shooed me away from the cutting board and the knives. "I don't want you to miss a deadline just because I made you cook."

"I was only trying to help." I pouted.

Katsuki started peeling the potatoes and carrots, faster than I could ever do. He was used to the kitchen, especially because he was finally cooking in his kitchen which was extremely spacious.

"Eijiro and the extras are coming over tomorrow night." He reminded me.

I turned to the corkboard that he had by the entrance of his kitchen, "Yeah, we have it here. 7:30 right? Why are they coming over again?"

"I have no fucking clue. They were here last week." He grumbled.

They did seem to adore coming over weekly. Mina Ashido even told me (as quiet as she can muster) that they plan on throwing Katsuki a birthday party soon and that they need my help.

But what do you get a man who has everything?

I quietly watched him chop the vegetables in bite-sized pieces, I still can't get over the fact that he cooked better than I do. "How about tomorrow we make strawberry shortcake?"

"By we, do you mean I? I make the shortcake?" Katsuki raised a judgemental eyebrow at me.

"Yes, by we, I mean you." I nodded.

He laughed and washed his hands before walking towards me. "You know, I charge the city a lot for my services, what makes you think you can just order me around like this?"

Bravely, I met his red eyes, "Well, Mr. Dynamight sir, I believe you like cooking for me. If you don't cook, who will? Shall I ask Eijiro to do it for me? Do you trust us in the kitchen? That we won't create trash food?"

He barked out a loud laugh at that before leaning down to kiss me.

"I love you, Mrs. Dynamight."