IX - Invitation

After that night, I find myself hosting the Pro Hero Dynamight every single night. Sometimes he would come over after his late-night patrols, bringing takeouts while still in his hero suit. Other times, he'd be earlier and would be carrying bags of groceries. I don't really mind having him around since he lets me work while he goes through my reading list.

Katsuki also likes asking about stories from school. He'd return the favor by telling me stories about his work, his friends, and his family but most of the time, he listens to what I had to say.

It is nice having another presence in the apartment, especially someone like him.

I'd like to think we are friends; after all, he won't just drop by every single day if he didn't think of me as someone fun to be around, right?

"I can't work in your kitchen." He announced after stocking up my fridge.

I stared at him pointedly from my position on the sofa, "Well, who said you have to? Besides Katsuki, don't you have better things to do than bother me every single day?"

He laughed before disappearing to the kitchen again. He yelled out a response for me, "Nah, I've got people to do most of my work for me."

"Not everyone can be as privileged as you," I answered loudly as I typed away on my laptop.

When he came back, he was wearing a smug expression on his face, "I know. Do you wanna come to my place instead? Your kitchen is making me anxious." He stood by my working table, opened a bottle of water, and handed it to me.

"You don't really have to come over all the time. I know my place is small." I pouted slightly. I took the bottle from his grasp and put it beside my laptop.

Katsuki squeezed beside me, "I like...your couch."

I scoffed, "Yeah, you take up the entire thing."

"You wanna come over or not?"

"Ugh, too far." Finally turning my laptop off, I focused my attention on the blond beside me. He really won't let this go, will he?

He gave me an incredulous look, "You don't even know where it is."

"I know but I'm getting tired just thinking about it," I whined, just so I can get on his nerves.

"You're too dramatic for your own good."
"Thanks."

Katsuki went quiet for a few minutes. I hoped he let the entire thing go because I really am not in the mood to- "I was planning to cook curry, you want some?"

Hang on, did I hear that right? Katsuki will cook? Sure, he tells me that he can cook and that I'd surely worship the ground he walks on if I ever get a taste of his food but he doesn't actually cook whenever he's over. He urges me to cook for him, most of the time he criticizes me but over time, his complaints turn into quiet approval.

"Oh, alright. Are you going to make it spicy?" I raised an eyebrow.

He flashed me a grin, making my heart jump. "Do you even have to ask?"

And we went.

His apartment was actually four blocks away. It was in a much nicer building than mine and I can't help but notice how far he actually had to walk just to get to my place.

Once I got into his apartment, I gasped. "We have such different worlds, Katsuki. Wow, your place is four times the size of mine!"

Sure, he wasn't flashy but you just know that all of his furniture and all of the things he owned cost him a fortune. I looked around, taking in the difference in our lifestyle and economic standing.