VII - Bully

There was a flood of that familiar soft orange light coming through the classroom as I stayed back to listen to a group of students tell me about the concerns they had about their bully. I nodded and noted everything they were telling me, including the dates and the times. 

As much as I wanted to go home, I knew that my students needed me, so I gave them my time, lending an ear to them. It was essential, so I stayed.

"Alright, thank you for telling me this. I'll inform the school immediately so we can prevent this from happening. Is it alright with you that I tell them what you told me?" Although it was an incident I know I should report right away, all the information the kids shared with me is private. I had to ask.

When they gave me their confirmation, I smiled, "Alright. I'll update you on what will happen next, alright?"

"Thank you, Ms. L/N. We'll go now. We took too much of your time."

"Thanks for listening, Ms. L/N."

I smiled at the group, " You know you can count on me. Now, you guys should go before it gets dark. Head straight home, okay?" I watched them leave and took everything before heading back to the faculty room. When our class ended, the kids asked for my time, and I didn't have time to pack up.

Before heading home, I stopped by the nearest grocery from my apartment and picked up a few stuff. As I wandered through the aisles, I smiled a bit, remembering Katsuki and his comment on my diet. He was right; things I was putting in my body would somehow take a toll on my health. So, even though I was tired and aching to hop in my shower, I had to get groceries.

I can almost imagine a grin on his face once he discovers I was attempting to be healthier.

Once I got home, I tried to prepare the classic egg-fried rice. It doesn't take too much time, and I know how to make it. The tv was playing in the background again while I worked. My kitchen was only a few steps to my living room; if not for the partitions, both rooms could form one decent-sized one. But I wasn't picky with how small my place was; I had a roof over my head and food every single day, so I was contented. Even though I wasn't earning much, I did what I love.

While cooking, I heard a report from Esuha City. According to the reporter, there was quite a damage in the city's main street resulting from the fight between a notorious gang and Pro Heroes Dynamight and Red Riot. I glanced at the tv, wondering how Katsuki was doing. He was gone for the entire week, and this is the first time I'm hearing about him again.

"Was it a difficult mission?" I wondered, pouring the rice in a clean bowl.

I sat in front of the tv with my rice, seeing Red Riot and Dynamight helping in the clearing out of the vicinity. The street was really out of shape. It must have been quite a fight. At least the gang was apprehended now, and I heard they've been causing riots left and right in various cities. It was good that the heroes finally got them.

"They're done from causing problems for us. Dynamight and I already took care of it. For now, we'll be closing out the road. It might take time to fix everything so we are reminding everyone that there might be traffic in the area for a while." Red Riot was a good guy, and he sure looked like it. He had a bigger, welcoming grin than Deku and was likable overall.

The reporter turned the mic towards the unwilling Dynamight standing awkwardly beside Red Riot. Katsuki sighed and rolled his eyes at the reporter, "What?"

"Ah! Sorry about that! He's a man of few words!" Red Riot took the mic, apologizing for the other hero. "Well, we have to go get patched up! Stay safe, everyone! Have a good night! Or a good day, wherever you are right now!" The red hero pulled Dynamight away immediately, and I sighed, shaking my head at how Katsuki acted in front of the camera.

I wonder why he was so reclusive with the media but is different whenever I get the chance to talk to him.

After that, I finished my dinner and turned the tv off. I didn't have much work to do tonight, so I planned to turn in early until I heard a knock on my door.

"It's me."

I rubbed my face with my towel, having just finished cleaning my face, when I recognized the gruff but incredibly tired-sounding blond outside my door, "Katsuki?"

"Yeah, open up." He replied.

I found him standing outside my apartment, still wearing his hero costume. There was dust and tear on so many places in his suit. Did he go straight here from Esuha City? 

"Are you okay? I saw the news."

He marched in the room without much of a hello, "I'm okay. They exaggerate stuff in the news sometimes." I followed him in, watching as he took off his gauntlets and his mask. It was mesmerizing to watch him go from Dynamight to Katsuki Bakugo. "D'you have water somewhere? I'm fuckin' parched."

I nodded and got him a glass, "Here." Then I saw his open wounds, which he must have been hiding under his hero suit, "Let me patch you up. I'll just get my first aid kit." I remember I had one in my bathroom.

"I said I'm okay." He gulped the water quickly and walked towards my kitchen to clean it up.

I walked behind him, "Do you have a death wish?"

"Are you really gonna use that on me?" Katsuki frowned at me from the sink.

"You can't be number one if you're dead," I said in a sing-song voice, using his line and tweaking it for the situation.

"A little wound won't ki- Fine." He looked tired, so I'm sure that must've made him give in. I took him back to the sofa and asked him to stay put. If he was going to stay for a while, I needed to get his wounds clean so they didn't get infected.

I started cleaning the gravel and dust off the wound on his side, and Katsuki growled at me, "Can you be fucking careful?" 

"Stop shouting at me!"

I pressed the cotton ball on his wound, and he yelped in pain, "Ow! Are you treating my wounds, or are you plotting my death, woman?"

"I'm trying to help, damn it." I found more scratches on his skin and cleaned them up too. What has he gotten into to get all these?

"Well then, help better." He shifted his body, allowing me access to the other wounds on his body. 

I glanced at him. I need to be more delicate with this; he did do hero work, so, of course, everything would hurt. And he did come to me right after everything, that must mean something... right?

"Would it help if I tell you more stories about the school?"

Katsuki was quiet before answering me, "Yeah, it might."

I started dressing up the bigger wounds, telling him all about what happened to me earlier. I honestly couldn't remember happier stories, but I wanted to get his advice with the entire bullying situation. He is a hero, after all. 

"There. Done. You should go back to your apartment to change so you can be comfortable." I sat on the floor as I packed my first aid kit.

I just didn't expect what his reply might be.

"I was a bully in school too."