XIV - Talk

I found myself crossing the shiny floor of Dynamight's nearly empty office. After eating, I thought Red Riot will drive me home, he didn't.

Instead he drove towards the building where Dynamight's hero agency was located. The entire office was no nonsense, it was lined with tables which looked immaculate, nothing was in sight as though everything was new and never used.

I knew they have been though, I saw an intern put all files in her drawer, leaving her table empty and clean.

I could sense it was office policy to make sure no paper or document was left out for prying eyes to see.

"Eijiro, are you sure about this?" I whispered, feeling out of place in the office.

Red Riot simply laughed, carrying take-outs in one hand and pulling my wrist with the other.

Damn, he was strong.

"What are you doing?" I asked for what seemed like the tenth time. Red Riot had a big smile on his face and just kept going. We reached a big door, big enough to accomodate Eijiro's entire form without him ever needing to crouch down. He knocked and with it, I could feel my heart hammering on my chest, as immediate and as fast as Red Riot's loud knocking.

"Eijiro, for the love of all that is good and annoying, can you-"

There he was.

The elusive friend I once knew.

Katsuki's eyes were on me the moment he pulled the door open. He was dressed in his hero costume, minus the gauntlets, and looked surprised that I was even there.

"I told you I'd get you something."

"I didn't fucking tell you to bring her here." Katsuki frowned deeply.

"You did tell me to get out of your office and just get you something healthy." Red Riot finally let my wrist go, he looked so damn proud of himself, "And you know me, I think a healthy communication is the manliest thing ever!"

Oh wow.

"You are annoying as fuck, Eijiro." But Katsuki's eyes were kind, a bit tired, but still kind on me. He looked at me as if he was glad I was there.

Eijiro offered Katsuki his dinner, the largest hamburger he could get in the diner that I know was not Katsuki's definition of healthy, and gave us a happy look before strolling away ever so casually.

"Wait, take her the hell home!"
"No can do, Kacchan! I'm meeting Sero! Take her home for me, will ya?"

Katsuki laid his eyes on me. At first he was unmoving, holding the take out bag with one hand and his fist clenched with the other. Then he uncurled his fist and turned to walk back to his office.

"Eat with me."
"I already ate."
"Sit with me."

And I did. Of course I did. I missed him.

He sat on the sofa, unwilling to even drop crumbs on his desk. Katsuki patted the space beside him on the brown letter sofa and took out the food from the take out bag.

"Damn shitty hair got me cola." He grumbled as he sniffed the cup, "He's so damn unhealthy." Then he turned his eyes to me, "Please tell me you drank water when you were with him."

"I..." I looked back at our dinner and I can't remember if I did. Eijiro asked for refills for our drinks but I don't remember him asking for water. "No."

"When was the last time you had water?" Katsuki raised an eyebrow, a proud gesture I missed so much. He was unsatisfied with my lack of answer so he stood up, filled two glasses of water from his personal water dispenser and brough it over. He handed me one, "Drink. You and Eijiro shouldn't even eat together, your diets are the worst."

I took the glass and drank up. As though something activated in my brain, my tears started to fill my eyes and I started sobbing with my drink in my hand. The blond ProHero looked surprised when he heard me sob, and he was about to reach out when he pulled himself back.

"Do you know why I said what I said?"

No.

You don't have to tell me.

I don't want to get rejected over again.

Let's just be friends.

I don't want to lose you again.

"Y/N, I'm not good for you." He left his burger unwrapped and untouched. "Of all things I have in my life, you're the only one I never felt like I deserved." He angled his body so he can look at me, "I didn't plan all of these. I didn't plan getting this close to you. I didn't mean for you to feel something towards me."

"Then why the hell did you have to be so close?" I couldn't hold back my anger, my frustration, my irritation. If he felt like that, then why didn't he just stay away? "Why did you have to wedge yourself in my life and then when it doesn't suit you anymore, go your way as if nothing happened, and leave a damn big space that I can't even fill?"

"Because I fucking wanted you in my life too. I was selfish. I wanted you close." He was trying to look away, his eyes getting uncomfortably watery, "I didn't deserve you but for some damn reason, I wanted to feel as if I do."

"You were so kind to me. You gave me an opportunity to be a new person, as if the old Katsuki never existed, and it felt so good to be this great Katsuki in front of you." The ProHero Dynamight was crying. He was crying and I could feel my anger melting away.

Was that what he felt?

"But I can't escape my past forever. Every single time I leave your apartment, every time I come back to reality, I return to the world who knew the angry Katsuki Bakugo and I go back to feeling like I don't deserve you."

"I don't deserve you, Y/N. With all the wrongs in my past, I don't deserve you. I don't deserve this happiness."

I piped up, "Don't I deserve this happiness?"