She's an inspiration!

AGHHH MY FIRST EMILY ONE-SHOT! (ON THIS BOOK)

SET DURING 'A QUIET PLACE' - of course all speech between emily and y/n is sign (i'll put it in italics)

Requested by user74388301

"Please welcome the wonderful, amazing promoting her new movie A Quiet Place, Emily Blunt!" James introduced Emily as she rushed onto the mini stage and bought James into a hug, before both sitting down. "Can I just say the movie is amazing and what my favourite bit of the movie, don't worry no spoilers, is that sometimes the volume is muted when Millicent who plays your daughter who is both deaf in the movie and in real life is on the screen to sort of show how she see's the world."

"Yeah it was very important to John including that." Emily smiled  and nodded.

"Now for most actors it would be the added thing to get used to, to work with a deaf person, but you and John have experience?"

"Yeah as you know, because we're very good friends, my daughter, my eldest, is deaf and the detail in the movie you just mentioned was her idea actually John was stuck and he felt like it was missing something and Y/n suggested it and yeah it just fit so that idea is all Y/n. And obviously we helped Noah, well mainly Y/n as she spent most of the days on set with us, learn sign language so he could communicate with Millie off and on the camera."

"So was all the details about Millie's character mainly suggested by Y/n." Emily nodded to James' question.

"Yeah so for example there's a scene where Millie's character is in her room and when we were looking at the set for it, it looked sort of plain and me and John were wondering what we could add and Y/n mentioned how she likes to draw. Because she doesn't need to use sound or words so she really enjoys drawing so we asked Millie and Y/n to draw some picture to hang up on set."

"That's amazing!"

"Yeah." Emily nodded once again with a proud smile.

"Has Y/n seen the movie yet?"

"She's seen the trailer and she really wants to see it, seeing as John directed it all, the second she saw the trailer she was really excited because she's our biggest supporter and yeah she's really excited to see it. But her sister's won't see it until they're 40! But she might be our biggest supporter but I'm her biggest fan, I find her such an inspiration and I can't imagine what she goes through sometimes but she's a strong girl and a true inspiration to me." she quickly added.

After the interview Emily got straight in her car and drove home. She walked through the door to be attacked by hugs around her legs from Hazel and Violet. She hugged them back approaching John in the kitchen cooking dinner. "Hi love." he kissed her on the cheek, saying hello as she returned the kiss. "Where's Y/n?" she furrows her eyebrows.

"In her room, drawing." John nods to the stairs as Emily nods heading up the stairs. She walks into your room to see you have your back to her happily drawing. She walks up to you placing her hand gently on your shoulder to get your attention but careful not to startle you.

"Hi Petal." she signs. You smile back at her as you rest your head gently on her stomach as she stands behind you looking at your drawing. "It looks amazing sweetheart." she cups your cheek stroking it softly with her thumb as you thank her. "You want to join me for a movie tonight?"

"Will you make your special hot coco?"

"Of course, you make the brownies yeah?" you nod answering Emily's question. "Okay." she smiles as she begins to leave but quickly turns around catching your attention so she can say something else. "Dad said 10 more minutes till dinner." you give her thumbs up letting her know you understood before she went into her and John's room to get changed into comfy clothes.