Step-mother and daughter bonding part 2

Emily and John were cuddle up on the sofa, the two girls already in bed fast asleep. Of course John being the typical parent he is he wanted to stay up till you came back from the party, SO Emily stayed with him so she could talk to you and get all the gossip from you. This wasn't even 10 minutes after you left the house running down the drive to your friend's car, so they'd be waiting for a long time. Or so they thought.

Emily paused the movie they were watching when John's phone went off showing your contact picture on the screen.

"How sweetie how's it going?" Emily saw John's face drop when he was listening to your reply as he rushed up to get his keys from the kitchen saying goodbye to you before hanging up. "She doesn't like it at all, I'm going to pick her up it's only a 15 minute drive I'll be back soon." John pecked Emily's cheek before rushing to his car and driving off.

"Mumma where's Y/n." Hazel stood at the bottom of the stairs rubbing her eyes having obviously just woken up.

"She's coming home now, Daddy has just gone to get her, now back to bed you." Emily smiled at her as she picked her up carrying her back to her room. She spent a while with hazel after trying to soothe her back to sleep by singing and reading to her. Half way through she heard the front door open and close and heard footsteps come up the stairs and into your room.

Hazel soon went to sleep as Emily made her way back downstairs to John doing the last of the cleaning from dinner. "Hey. What happened is she okay?"

"Her friend, you know Poppy? Yeah apparently Y/n disappeared and Poppy found her in the toilets freaking out because she didn't like it, she didn't tell me anything about it on the way back." John shrugged sadly.

"Is she in her room?" John nodded. "I'll try talk to her." Emily walked back upstairs heading to your room knocking before she came in after hearing your small voice give permission. She walked into your room to see the outfit you were wearing discarded on your bed and that you had changed into one of John's hoodies that practically covered your whole body with a pair of shorts. You were curled up on the bed back facing your bedroom door as you hugged your knees close to you underneath your chin.

"Hi sweetie." Emily sat on the edge of your bed resting one of her hands on your knee as you turned round to face her. n"You don't have to, but do you want to talk about what happened?" Emily lay down on the bed next to you, speaking softly as she faced you brushing the strands of your hair out of your face gently. 

"I don't know what happened." you shrugged. "It was just the loud music, added on with the big crowd that was squished into one tiny place, people kept bumping into me, I don't think those scenes are really for me." 

"That's fine sweetie. You don't need to go to parties to be popular or to be liked, you'll make so many more friends by just being yourself. And besides if you don't go to parties that leaves more time for us to cuddle up and watch movies." you both giggle. "You don't need to force yourself to go to these sorts of things, you do whatever you're comfortable with, because the person that's most important is you. You lovable by just being you because you're perfect, always remember that okay? And always remember that when you need help or a shoulder to cry on your Dad will be always be there and so will I. I know we may not be blood-related but your still my daughter, and I'll treat you and love you like my daughter till my last breathe." Emily placed a soft kiss to your forehead before wrapping her arms round your waist as you went in for a hug.

"I love you Mum."

"I love you more darling."